nine

Bucky POV~
I moved my metal arm around a bit more, enjoying the lack of tension and how much more comfortable it was. How Y/N managed that I still didn't know.

Y/N. She had shown so much kindness to me, and had never failed to show up to the gym every night. Honestly, I tried to make sure I always showed up to the gym, hoping to see her. She had definitely improved her sparring. I wasn't sure how long she was going to stay at the tower for, but I was hoping it was still going to be a while so I could continue teaching her how to fight. Soon, she'd start to defeat me every round.

Looking back at Y/N, I realised she'd fallen asleep, curled up on the bench. It didn't seem like the most comfortable place to sleep, but her expression was peaceful nonetheless. I felt guilty all of a sudden, like I was forcing her to come down here every night. She was obviously exhausted. Maybe tomorrow I wouldn't come down here, give her a chance to catch up on sleep.

Sighing, I walk over to Y/N, gently lifting her up. I figured she deserved to have a good sleep for once. She had been handling the whole Hydra thing fairly well, but I could notice the cracks starting to form in her wall she had put up, in the shell she had created to mask her feelings.

Cap had told me her room was upstairs, near mine, so staying as still as possible, I carried her sleeping body out of the gym.

Carefully creeping through the hallway, trying not to wake her or any of the other avengers, I finally reach her room, whispering for FRIDAY to open her door for me. I froze as she mumbled softly in her sleep, making sure I didn't wake her as I laid her down on the bed and pulled the covers over her. She looked so calm, so peaceful as her chest slowly rose and fell. I just hoped she wouldn't hide her feelings for much longer.

Y/N POV~
You slowly blinked open your eyes. Had you fallen asleep? What was even more surprising was the fact you were in your bed. You distinctively remembered going down to the gym the night before, even small details from the night like fixing Bucky's arm. But had it all been a dream?

Sighing, you massaged your temples as you climb out of bed, changing into a comfortable pair of leggings and a T-shirt. Steve had offered to train you today, and you wouldn't miss an opportunity to strengthen your friendships.

As you made your way to the kitchen, you see Bucky, Thor and Steve.
"Morning," you mumble.
"Good morning, lady Y/N." You smiled.
"Sleep well?" Bucky asked, with a knowing smile. You nodded with a laugh.

Steve looked between you and Bucky, confused, but then shook his head as if brushing away the thought. "You still up for training, Y/N?"
"Uh, yeah, after breakfast?"
"Sure," Steve said and left the kitchen. Thor followed soon afterwards, leaving you and Bucky.

"Let me just say, I was extremely disoriented to find myself in my bed this morning. Did we spar last night or was that just a very, very vivid dream?"
Bucky laughed. "Not a dream, you fell asleep on the bench and I figured you'd be more comfortable sleeping in your own bed."
You buried your face in your hands. "Oh God, I didn't snore did?"
"Talked in your sleep too." Bucky grinned, and you gave him a pointed look.
"Thank you Bucky. For carrying me back to my room, not the asshole comment."
"Who's an asshole?" Natasha asked as she entered the kitchen.
"Um, I'm gonna go train or something," Bucky said, leaving the kitchen.

Nat wiggled her eyebrows, causing you to scowl.
"What's that look for."
She shrugged. "Oh, nothing, just that Bucky never talks like that with anyone besides Steve."
"I'm sure that's not true," you said, ignoring all of her mischievous glances.
"Very true. He likes you Y/N." She elbowed you gently.
"As a friend maybe, but that's it. I don't even know how to date. I've never even kissed anybody."
Nat frowned."Well you're gonna have to learn someday. Come on, common traumatic experiences does wonders for a relationship. You two would make a really hot couple."
"I'm done with this conversation," you said, giving Nat another look. "I'm going to go train with Steve."
"Think about it Y/N. Think about it."

A/N ~
Hey guys!
Hope you're all having a wonderful day, and are enjoying the story so far. Y/N and Bucky are becoming closer....

Anyway just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone whose voted and added this book to their reading list so far, I really appreciate it! Thank you for almost 70 reads now and 24 (I think) votes!

Have a spectacular day and love you all <3