twenty-four

A/N~
warning: death, blood and sad lmao

not many chapters left guys! gonna be updating as regularly as I can so you don't have to wait long since the last few chapters will contain many cliffhangers and so I can get this book finished ASAP

also, likely a shorter chapter than usual because suspense and stuff

and quick note, just in case I didn't make it very obvious, Y/N's powers are linked to her emotions and she uses her feelings to harness it: sometimes causing her to lose control, like when she was in a lot of pain

anyways enjoyyyyyyy and have a wonderful dayyy!!

Y/N POV~

You immediate smashed the shooter against the wall, your anger an easy vessel for your powers to harness. He crumpled to the floor in a heap.

The anger soon turned to worry, fear, sadness, and a whole other flood of emotions you were having trouble controlling.

After getting over your moment of shock, you quickly run over to Bucky, immediately pressing your hands against his chest to stop the flow of blood.

He coughed and spluttered, rolling his head over to face you.

"It- It'll be okay, Buck. I-I-I'll get help." It was becoming hard to form words but you tried your best to reassure him as you forced the tears not to fall.

He slowly moved his hand to place it over yours, a small pained smile across his face.
"Y/N, it's okay doll."

You began sobbing at the nickname, not able to hold it together anymore. He was everything you had. He was the only person you had ever loved, and you were losing him by the second.

"I-I can't lose you, Bucky. I love you."

He coughed some more, your hand becoming less effective at staunching the flow of blood.

You searched around for his intercom, frantically wanting to find some way, any way t save him.

You eventually find it, tearing it out and speaking quickly. "Guys- It's Bucky. He's, He's-" You couldn't finish the sentence, not wanting to admit the nearing truth.

"Y/N? Where are you guys?"

Nat's voice. A hint of worry, but mostly calm and collected. She always knew to not panic at times like this. Unlike you.

"Downstairs, on the bottom floor. Please hurry." Your voice broke on the last sentence as you place the intercom down. Bucky was still conscious, but barely, and grunted as you placed your other hand against his wound to stop the blood.

"It's too late for me doll," he spoke quietly, his voice croaky. You felt the warm tears trickle down your face, but they, like everything else felt numb.

He had come down here for you. He was dying because of you. This was all because of you. He didn't deserve this.

"D-Don't say that Bucky. You're gonna be okay. I-I called for help."

He smiled up at you, using the last of his strength to wipe a tear from your cheek before whispering, "I love you doll."

His eyes became dull and cloudy, his cheeks lost their colour and you could no longer feel the steady pulse of his heart where your hands were on his chest.

The man you loved was gone.