nineteen

You blinked awake, startled by the sudden rush of light through the window of your room. You tried to sit up, but a strong arm wrapped around you stopped you from doing that.

You stared up at Bucky as memories from last night flashed again. The kiss. Going back to the party. Asking him to stay the night, not wanting to face the nightmares alone. It was the most magical night you'd ever had in your life, and you still couldn't believe it had really happened.

Bucky slowly stirred as you nestled yourself deeper in his arms. You felt his grip tighten around you as his eyes slowly opened.

"Morning," he said sleepily with a grin.

"Good morning sleepyhead." You couldn't help but grin back as he scowled.

His playful expression soon faded into a frown, however. "Did- Did I sleep through your nightmare?"

Your eyes widened as realisation hit you. For the first time in a very long time, you had slept nightmare-free. You shook our head quickly, sensing the guilt building up inside of him. "No, no. I, uh, didn't have any." You smiled even wider as his grin reappeared and he kissed your forehead.

"Thank you, Bucky."

"For what?"

"For telling me the truth last night. I've- um, I've liked you for a while but I honestly never really knew if I was doing anything right. I don't have much experience with any of this."

He smiled softly. "You're perfect."

And of course, you responded with a kiss.

~

"Y/N, what's the go with your power status."

"Um, so far I've figured out some time manipulation and telekinesis, but that's about it."

"Good enough," Tony muttered. "Kid, you've got your first mission today."

The rest of the Avengers whispered quietly to each other. Tony explained that there were some guys robbing a bank, and it would be a good mission for you to test the waters. Nat and Steve would be going with you. You nodded, swallowing, before the group split to prepare for the mission. 

Bucky pulled you aside as soon as you were alone in the hallway. "Are you sure you want to do this Y/N? I believe you have it in you, I really do, but I don't want you to get hurt."

You smiled at his worry. "Bucky, it's fine. It's a bank robbery. It's not like they're Hydra agents or some weird alien creatures. Steve and Nat will be there too."

His expression relaxed a bit. "You're right. Just promise me you'll be careful?"

"I promise, Buck." 

He grinned at the nickname before kissing you. It was interrupted however by an excited squeal.

"Ah! I knew it!" You turned to see Nat standing at the top of the hallway, an excited grin on her face. You could feel your cheeks turn redder than ever. Bucky chuckled before telling you he'd see you later and walking down the hall.

"Nat!" You said through clenched teeth.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. But that was the most exciting thing I've seen all week."

You sigh, smiling at her ridiculous antics. "I have a mission to get ready for, and you should get ready too."

She nodded, still with a ridiculous grin, and left down the hall.

~

The hostages were safely out of the bank as you stood in between Steve and Nat, a soft white aura around your hands. There were three robbers left, you were evenly matched.

Suddenly, the one on the left pulled out his gun as she shot towards you. One bullet grazed the side of your arm as you threw your hands up, stopping the rest of the bullets in mid air. They fell to the ground with a clink as the other two robbers also began to shoot. Stepping in front of the other two, you throw your hands up again, summoning more energy to deflect their attacks. They had all run out of bullets and had resorted to hand-on-hand combat. You each took one robber as you threw him against the wall with a flash of white light. He slid down to the ground, unconscious. Steve and Nat had also successfully defeated the other men. 

You sighed in relief, swaying heavily on your feet. Using your powers drained a lot of energy out of energy and you were starting to feel the full effect of it all. Nat walked over to you, letting you lean against her slightly for support.

"Y/N, you're bleeding." Steve points to your arm where the bullet had flown past.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it. Let's get back to the tower."

They both help you back to the jet where you managed to regain some energy before you arrived back at the tower.

Bucky ran up to you as you walked back into the tower. "Are you guys okay?" He asked nervously.

You nodded, smiling as you imagined him worrying all afternoon in the tower. "Like I said Bucky, it wasn't a hard mission."

"Y/N kicked more ass than the rest of us. She was amazing," Nat said, and I laughed.

Bucky smiled slowly, seeming satisfied with that response. That was, until, he saw the arm of your suit stained red. "Y/N, that's blood. What happened?" His voice was worried again and you sighed.

"You and Steve both worry too much. A bullet grazed my arm, but it barely even hurts. I've been through a lot worse." You clench your fist as memories of Hydra come back again.

"Okay," Bucky said slowly. "But you still better get that checked out."

"I'm fine Bucky. I just need a shower and some rest. I'm exhausted." He really had to stop worrying so much.

"Good, because we're having a movie night tonight. I get to choose the movie," Nat said excitedly, pushing you towards your room. "Now hurry up!"

A/N~

yeah lol... not very happy with this chapter but it is what it is - hoped you still enjoyed it anyway!

if you like this book, please consider checking out my other story 'changed || (loki x reader)' it would mean a lot to me (but only if you want to haha I don't like forcing people to read my stuff lol)

if you couldn't tell, it's a loki x reader fanfic that I'm pretty happy with and I'm updating both of these whenever I can!

oh, that reminds me, sorry for the really irregular updates, I have a everchanging  schedule and often not a heap of motivation, so I usually update whenever I have an idea I need to write down or a free day where I can actually write

anyways, have an awesome day and I'll see y'all in the next chapter! :)