💎19-Getting back on track

By early morning, they reached their school. And everyone went home. They had no school that day. Sarah was planning for a day at home with Ida, watching movies and chatting.

"It's me. Your Sarry," Sarah giggled, opening the door, came and sat near Ida on the couch.

Ida was feeling bad as she stepped out of Team-G. She thought that it would be dangerous for her family if she continued with them. She was hesitating to choose her way. Those days had been tough for her, without seeing the girls. They made her happy. Apart from those struggles, she was happy with them. She earned a great bond called friendship. She was remembering of the fun amid the chaos they had in the Gem Dorm.

Sarah was helping her to choose the correct path. Sarah told her to get back on the track with the girls. But, Ida was thinking of the harms it could do. Already her mom had suffered. She doesn't even know what her dad was going through. Her studies was also in her jumbled thoughts.

"Okay, I've said enough, Iddy. Now, it's upto you," Sarah said. "Don't let unwanted thoughts meander. You know what to do," Sarah left Ida to choose what she wants.

These things were going on her disturbed mind. Suddenly, a thought appeared, "Dannon," she pierced his name into her heart. Her thoughts dimmed. Everything went blank. She wanted to see him, apologise. She wanted to let him know what he really meant to her. Knowing that he was never going to come back for her, she wept inside. But, still she can do her best to get him back. If not as a boyfriend to whom she can pour out her love, just as a bond to cherish.

That night, Ida went to her mom's room to have a talk.

"Mom, I have to talk to you," she started.

"Talk whatever you want to, only if it doesn't make me angry," Mrs.Bristor said, wiping her face with a towel.

"I don't bother if it makes you angry. But, I want to go. They need me, so do I. I always wanted to do something for my birthplace. I wanted to help the people of my city. After all these, I still want the same. I want to wipe out the threat my city is up to. I want to make them free. I want to, mom. Please, let me-let me do my duty to my city," Ida spoke up sobbing.

"I do respect your thoughts, Ida. But, think from the other side. Think of us, think of yourself," Mrs. Bristor held Ida's hands.

"I do, mom. But, I don't want to be selfish, thinking about my family and myself," Ida responded.

"It isn't being selfish. It's being safe. But, after all these, if you still want to go, do as you wish," Ida's face brightened up by her mom's words.

"Thank you, mom. I'll never let down you and your hopes on me," Ida hugged her mom.

"My little girl has grown up. She has become responsible. I'm proud of you my child. Do as you wish. Defend your city," she nodded,"our city," she smiled, a teardrop fell on her pink cheek. She tucked Ida's hair to the ear and kissed her forehead. "Remember-I love you. I may not show it off. But, I do," her mom said wiping Ida's tears.

Ida hugged her mom as Juliah opened the door to ask where she kept the salt. Mrs.Bristor stood up and went to the kitchen.

Ida opened the drawer from the cabinet next to her mom's bed. She had kept a picture of her and Mr.Bristor in it. In it, she was looking at him while he was posing to camera. She misses him a lot. Ida took that picture to her room and thought she could frame it for her mom.

But, Ida still hasn't breathed anything about dad's situation there. She knew that surely her mom will get worried.

That night, Ida got a call. Her hands trembled as the name read as 'Dad'. With a swipe, "Hello," she said.