💎9-The Armourer and the Friendship

Ida woke up pretty early that Saturday. She was doing her morning exercise on her terrace.

"Nice weather. Nah?" the woman next door asked Ida. "Huh! Mornin'," Ida greeted her.

Sarah phoned Ida the previous night to ask her about going to the shopping mall. They were ready to hit the shops as it was very long since they went shopping together.

Usually, her mom will be going to her parlour on Saturdays But, she had work off that day. They went to the Unix mall on Brittony street.

"Hey, Juliah. You coming?" Ida asked her.

"Em-Nah. I'm going out with my friends. Let's hang out some other day," she said as she left home with her friends.

Ida's mom accompanied them. They went to buy some togs. They went to the 'Robes for you' shop at the mall. That is where Ida usually buys her clothes. They always had amazing collections and Ida was never disappointed with those.

"Pick that one. The one next to the yellow," Ida told Sarah, pointing to an emerald green dress.

They moved to another section of clothes, it had shrug collections.

"That's mine," Sarah plucked one of the shrugs from Ida's hand. Ida gave her a stare.

"Girls, a little faster. l am starving. Let's go and eat something," Ida's mom said from the other side of the shrugs section.

"We're finished," Ida shouted from a nearby row of pants.

They bought smoothies, sandwiches and were sitting at the table outside the food court as the inside was a bit crowded.

Ida wanted to use the restroom. She walked some distance from the food court, where a board hung saying 'restroom' with a woman mark near it. While coming out of the washroom, Ida saw a big, funny mannequin. She went near to have a look at it. Behind that, Ida saw Juliah talking to someone. Ida moved a bit closer and stood behind a thick wall pillar. It was Liza to whom Juliah was talking. But their conversation doesn't seem like a normal one. As she was a bit closer, she could overhear them.

"You will be devastated. Don't you understand?" Liza was saying to Juliah.

"Your words don't bother me, you red woman," said Juliah aggressively. "You are insane. I don't have the need to follow your words," she said.

"You will regret speaking like this against me, Juliah," Liza threw her rough words at her.

"Hey Jule, come on," a boy wearing a hoodie and shades waved his hands from a distance.

"Coming," Juliah said and trotted to him.

Ida looked at that guy. He turned toward her and smirked, putting his hand over Juliah's shoulders. Ida turned aback.

Ida saw Liza leaving the mall with an irritated face. Ida was so confused from then. She was thinking about the peculiar behaviour of Liza over the days. But, she had a firm belief in Liza because she was the one who took her to be a Gem girl. But, she was thinking, "Why do these things happen to me?" took her blanket and covered up her face.

The next day, Juliah went to a trade fair. She asked Ida to accompany her. As it was the last holiday, Ida wanted to stay home. So, she said that she was not interested in going out. That day, Ida did nothing different from the same sort of home routines she does. She completed all her holiday assignments as the school was reopening on the very next day.

She spent that day helping her mom in cleaning their house. Ida found albums of her childhood in the old storeroom. She was recalling all her unforgettable memories. Her trip to the Niagara, random visits to parks and the fun she had on the beach. They are some most rememberable moments for her. It is because her dad was with them in those moments. She smiled at an odd photograph in which she saw her dad dressed in blue formals which is something rare for her to see. And then, she was laughing at her mom wearing a clown suit in a photograph. And some cute photos of her sister and herself.