💎21- Lose one and gain another

Juliah came home and showered. She was watching TV as Ida came back from BcHaven.

"Ida! Get the clothes of Juliah from the shower," Mrs. Bristor said from the laundry room, as Juliah heard it from the living room.

Ida went to take her clothes, while Juliah rushed to the bathroom. Ida was holding the clothes in her arm.

"Give it to me, Ida," Juliah stuttered, trying to grab it from Ida.

"I'll take it," Ida said, moving away the clothes from the reach of Juliah.

When Juliah continued to try to grab it from Ida, the clothes fell to the floor and the pellet inside her pocket rolled aside. Ida's eyes were wide open as she saw the pellet rolling to the corner of the bathroom. Juliah kneeled to take it from the floor but was stopped by Ida. The pellet was now under Ida's foot, holding it in place, without rolling around.

"What is this?" Ida asked Juliah picking the spherical, grey, shiny pellet from the ground.

"That's none of your business. Give it to me," Juliah uttered her words gasping. It was clear that she was panicked, seeing the pellet in Ida's hands.

"How come you have this with you?" Ida asked her.

"Why are you concerned? I got it somehow," Juliah stuttered.

"Wait- just don't tell me that Fric gave this to you," Juliah was sweating as Ida got it right.

"After all this- after what happened to our mom- You're still going for him," Ida put her palm on her forehead. Ida's shock was clear in her words.

"I can't- I can't move myself away from him, Ida," weeped Juliah as tears ran over her cheeks.

"He is a cheat. Oh! Don't you see that he is clearly using you for hell's sake," Ida screamed at her sobbing sister.

"I know, Ida. But, what else can I do other than helping him. He's my only go. I love him," Juliah sat on the floor crying.

In between their conversation, Ida unintentionally took her foot off the pellet, making it roll out of the bathroom. The door was narrowly opened, as Ida moved her eyes to the rolling pellet as it stops hitting on something- a foot. The foot of Mrs. Bristor, standing eye-wetted, listening to her daughters- one with an aim to save her city and the other crawling to save her love.

Ida was switching her eyes between her mother and Juliah. Mrs. Bristor went on to console her weeping daughter. Ida couldn't help but to pick the pellet from the floor. She intentionally left them both there and went to her room.

"Hey, Sarry," she spoke on the phone.

"Iddy, what are you doing? Are you okay?" Sarah asked from the other side.

"Nothing. Fine. Just wanted to talk with you," the lie was partially true.

"How was your day?" Sarah asked her to hear out everything.

"You liar, these many things happened in a day, making you sob now. But, you say that you are fine," Sarah shouted at Ida after hearing out everything happened that day.

"I'm just-I wanna talk with my dad," Ida gasped, controlling her tears.

"Call him in the morning. Now, just close your eyes and sleep," Sarah said and hung up, leaving Ida to sink into her thoughts.

Eventually, sleep took over her thoughts.

"Ida," she woke up to the comforting voice of her mom, early in the morning.

"Oh-sorry mom. I've to get ready to go to school. It's already late," Ida murmured, waking up.

"You don't have to. For a few days. Just make yourself free. You're going through a lot these days," Mrs. Bristor told Ida, pampering her head with her palm. "I've already informed Mr. Flent about it. Don't worry. Focus on what has to be done," she said as Ida sat straight on her bed.