💎10- Fobia Finstorm

"We reached the border house as you wanted us to," Ms. Gatterkane tells the man at the other side of the phone.

"Ask him what does he want from us?" Mr. Gill was telling her.

"Why can't you all go and stand on the red boxes. There's one for all of you. Just to be safe," the man instructed them.

"Why did you summon us here?" she asked.

"Why the hurry? Gimme a minute and I'll be-here," the man who was on the phone was standing right in front of their eyes.

"What the hell do you want?" Mr. Braon asked him in a ferocious tone.

"Uh- Everything I wanted is not achievable now, Kindshell. As of now, I just want to be the only breathing being in this border house," the man said raising his pistol pointing towards Mr. Braon.

"Do you think you can take all of us? Uh- you know that's impossible," Mr. Gill said.

"What if I say that if anyone of you take a step away from the red box, they'll be roasted," the man said smirking. "Oops- Do you guys thought that I'll summon you here unprepared? Uh-no no."

"What can we do so that you'll leave the hell out of here?" Mr. Teny Crooper asked trembling.

"Die," the man said without even thinking for a second.

"Oh- Don't do this, Faede," Mr. Braon said trying to move ahead.

"Ah-ah. Step ahead if you want to die sooner than the others. Because, there's lot of talking left," the man walked to the window nearby. "Amazing view, isn't it?"

"Come to the point, Faede," Mr. Braon said. "You're wasting our time."

"That is the point, Kindshell. I want to waste the very little amount of time you guys still have."

"I planned on dying like a warrior. I'm not gonna end this way, Faede," Ms. Gatterkane said tilting her head.

"I could easily take the four of you, Varina," his smile was vile.

"Uh- Four of us? What if I tell you that we're a fifer?" Ms. Gatterkane raised her brow looking outside the door.

There stood a man in dull green trench coat dripped in sweat. "Hello," he smiled at Faede.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Oh- introductions first. I am the Connector. Nice to meet you"

"Connector? Oh crap. I thought you wouldn't be available or alive. That's okay. I can take you too."

"Oh whatever. Um- Varina, I unplugged the power supply," the connector said.

"Thanks, Erwin," the four of them took a step forward.

"You know what-if I make a call now, all your families will be dead," he warned them.

"Erwin, you have to go," Ms. Gatterkane told him. "Get to our families. You're the connector. You've to be safer than all of us."

"Yeah. I won't be necessary now. My job's done sooner than I expected."

"Go," she said louder before he could finish off his sentence.

"Okay. Be safe y'all," he rushed out.

"Gotcha," Mr. Braon got hold of Faede's neck while the other three walked closer to him.

"If I didn't return safe, your families will be in danger," he manipulated them.