What The Water Gave Me

(I'm not entirely sure about this chapter but for now - it looks a little something like this)

Morgana can do nothing more but look on helplessly from the shore as Elaine walks effortlessly into the lake as if it isn't there. The water rushes all around Elaine, and Morgana watches as the water seeps up the fabric of her clothes. She notices it's change in colour and how it tries to pull Elaine down.
"Elaine what are you doing?" Morgana asks again.
"I told you" she replies, "you never listen"
Elaine stops once the water sits evenly at her knees and turns around to face Morgana, revealing the chalice fully.
"Is that?" Morgana asks eyeing the chalice.
"Oh now you are interested" Elaine mutters, "yes it is"
"How did you get it?"
"That is not of your concern"
Morgana reaches out her hand hoping that Elaine will give it to her, she doesn't.
"Why do you have it? Come to join my side?"
"I'm not choosing any sides" she argues, "there are no sides"
"You are very much mistaken Elaine, there are always sides. How about that time you were captured? There were sides then - it was you against them. Don't you want to get back at them?"
"That doesn't matter any more. I don't see how getting back at Arthur will quench my thirst to get back at those who have wronged me!"
"You are wrong Elaine - he's not like us, they don't accept us. Together we can rule Camelot, get back at those who have wronged us, shunned us, the five kingdoms will be our for the taking and with the Cup of Life in our hands we will be unstoppable - now hand it to me"
"No." Elaine says simply,
"You asked me to come here, you said you had something that I might want, and if it's not you coming to join me or giving me information it must be the Cup"
"I know but this isn't how it works, you aren't here for the Cup"
"How do you know that?"
"Because I've seen it, and I've warned you"
"Warned me of what?"

Elaine stares at her deadpan, it was blatantly obvious that all of her warnings and arguments were in vain.
"Of what you are going to do - I asked you - told you, not to go ahead with this plan. I begged you, Morgana please it's not to late, you don't understand the consequences"
Morgana tuts,
"Your time with Arthur has made you weak - you know what I'm doing is right" she argues and her statement held an awful lot of bite to it. Her words cut through the air as if speaking the truth.
"Right for whom? Innocent lives will be lost - you will bring war and darkness. How do you hope to change the ban on magic? To bring hope to a land you will only scar? I can tell you that if you continue on this path everyone will suffer - even you"
"Nonsense - I will prosper"
"I knew you wouldn't listen to me. You never do - I doubt you will - so if you won't hear the truth from my lips, I'll just have to let you hear it from someone else's"
A silence falls between them, the only sound is the breeze in the trees, and the soft swash upon the shoreline.
"I didn't come to argue with you Morgana. I came to help you"

Elaine raises the dagger, and by securing the chalice under her arm digs the cool thin blade into her hand making a small incision. She seethes, the pain is sharp and sudden. It causes tears to prick in her eyes. Even Morgana can feel her sisters pain. She clenches left hand into a fist, her own skin tingling.

Elaine is quick to sheathe the smothered blade into her belt, wearing it in the same fashion as Morgana. Holding the chalice out in front of her she closes her bloody hand into a fist and hangs it over the chalice. Elaine's jaw begins to clench one again trying to fight past the pain.
"Elaine" Morgana warns, surprised she preformed such a drastic action so unexpectedly.
"Now I have your attention, I have only one thing left to do - give you what you want - what you have always wanted but never realised"
"What ever you are doing Elaine I don't think it will be worth your while. Give me the Cup"

-
Amongst the undergrowth Merlin stumbles upon the unfolding drama. He goes seemingly unnoticed, jumping off his horse and scrambles closer to get a better look. Walking out now could be dangerous, both we as unpredictable as the next - definitely related. Though he was shocked from what he saw, despite Morgana's wicked ways he highly doubted she'd force Elaine to do something as bizarre as this.

-

"You aren't here for the Cup" Elaine argues, as just like her vision predicted there is a drop of blood. The sound of the crimson drop resonates through the enchanted gold chalice. Another follows, it splashes out, creating small droplets that trickle down the sides to gather at the bottom.
"What are you doing?" Questions Morgana.
"I knew blood would be spilt this day, just didn't think it'd be mine" she mumbles, "I know what it means now" she says to Morgana, "I know what the deal is - it can't fail"
"Why did you put your blood in the cup? What did you think it would achieve, only a blade forged in a dragons breath can kill us, kill immortality"
"Your dagger may not be enchanted, but this Cup is - and so I renounce my claim, you see there's someone who needs it more than me. This is it, my destiny to fix this, to bring this plight to an end - to wash away the sins"
"Elaine what are you talking about - this isn't you, come to the shore"
"It's a bit late for that Morgana" Elaine replies sadly with glassy eyes.
"I hear this water can work miracles, this destiny is too big for me, I'm sorry Morgana I can do nothing more for you, but promise me this - do not forsake me"

The water around Elaine begins to bubble and each surge of water is laced with silver and gold. It swirls in the clear water, which falls away to murky depths. Avalon was calling and it takes them both by surprise. So much so Elaine stumbles a little further away.
"Elaine" Morgana calls and reaches out in vain - her voice breaks and her expression is pained. She is completely taken over by shock and surprise. Swept up in the unpredictability of it all, like a leaf on a stream. She knows that Elaine is summoning something and because she was never one for incantations she will sign the deal without a moments notice.

Elaine stoops down and let's a small amount of water trickle into the Cup. The golden chalice glints in the sunlight, briefly blinding Morgana, The surging water grows more intense and Elaine swirls the chalice around, allowing her deep red blood to merge with the clear water. The chalice still catching the sunlight. Morgana shield her eyes.
"Then what am I here for?!" asks Morgana as Elaine's eyes glow as gold as the chalice.

"You are here for me"