Little Talks

Arthur strides down the corridor towards his chambers blissfully unaware that Merlin is awkwardly trying to keep up with him. Merlin sighs, in all his years of looking after Arthur he still can't manage to walk at the same pace. He looks down at his feet and then to Arthur's - they seem to be going at relatively the same... - crash.

Merlin crashes into an oncoming servant, although luckily for Merlin, despite cringing of embarrassment the servant wasn't carrying soup - a mistake he had made one too many times before. He quietly apologies, giving a small and absurdly cute smile, surprised that Arthur hasn't noticed his kerfuffle. It is clear to Merlin that all is not well in the Kings mind.

"Arthur" he calls, but the King still walks ahead as if in some trance oblivious to anyone who passes him.
"Arthur?" Merlin calls again a little louder. Still no notion of any form of acknowledgement. Merlin stands still and watches as Arthur is about to branch off into his open chambers.
"Prat" he mutters - as Arthur disappears through the door, only to appear seconds later,
"Merlin" he growls giving him a level glare. Merlin pretends to look surprised, and looks behind him, arms akimbo.
"And who said that?!" He tuts looking around to and empty corridor, his only audience the tapestries hanging on the smooth stone walls. He looks back but Arthur is gone. Not even Merlin's comedy act granted a smile from the King - he really was troubled.