Never Let Me Go

<<SLIGHTLY REWRITTEN - I'm trying (and struggling) to rewrite the ending of Rabbit Heart so that it sets up HeartLines nicely and so that it all makes sense. Do bear with me as it certainly won't be an easy journey!>>

Morgana's heart stops, that voice, a voice she knows so well has returned to her. It takes her breath away. Morgana slowly lowers her arms to see another figure standing next to Elaine in the lake. A figure she never thought she'd see again. She gasps clasping a hand over her mouth. Even Merlin is taken by surprise, he stumbles back in shock. Elaine turns around slowly to face their new found friend.

Morgana's face is awash with various emotions. Elaine can only smile at the happiness on her sisters face - a happiness she knows is their somewhere. Elaine's mind felt so consumed by destiny she was struggling to focus. Standing in the lake next to Elaine is a figure who's hair glistens like the sun upon the ripples of the water. They too have a wide smile on their face at the sight of Morgana.

"Hello sister"
Elaine smiles at the word sister, for its a term that now fits her.
"Morgause" Morgana says in a voice that sounds like a whisper, "how can this be?"
Morgause takes one step forward and Elaine unknowingly takes one step back.
"It is what you wanted" Elaine says holding Morgause's hand, "it is what I saw"
"Sister - you died...I - the veil? How" the words tumble out of her mouth - there were so many things she wanted to say she just never thought she'd be able to say them.
"The Cup of Life sister, one of our more lasting legacies - Elaine used it to summon me"
"Are you, can you?"
"Yes -" Morgause begins and then looks back to Elaine.
"You saw it too didn't you Morgause, you know the vision in the crystal?" Elaine asks Morgause but Morgana is quick to interrupt.
"Why?" Morgana questions surprised, "why did you not do this before Elaine, we could of taken Camelot"
"No." Elaine states, "We are not here to take Camelot. Morgause is here to help you. You trust her - you must listen, there is something bad coming"
"Morgause your face -"
"The waters, they cleansed me, healed me. They hold such power sister, they can wash away the wrongs. Elaine is right though there is torment to come -" Morgause walks forward once again as Elaine steps back.

The water has risen from her knees to her waist, soon Elaine would be treading water but it was worth it.
"Torment - of what kind?"
"The war you will bring to this world will disrupt the balance of all things - it is a trap Morgana I must not let you do this"
"What are you talking about?!" Morgana retorts, "this was us, we did this - together do you not remember! You said it would bring out enemies to their knees"
"And I was wrong! I see that now"
"Morgause" Morgana warns, confused of how her sister had changed.
"I told you I have changed much since then, sister I beg of you Elaine was -"
"Elaine" Morgana barks, "this is you" she growls.
"No -"
"How dare you, think you can manipulate me with my own sister!"
"No Morgana!" Morgause says coming closer to her, "Elaine did bring me back but not as a ploy!"
"She's manipulating you - you aren't even here!"
"Morgana, I am here - I came back to help you I swear it. I have been to Avalon and I have seen something more. There is a darkness coming Morgana - I cannot bear to see what will happen if I let you do this"
"This is what you wanted - I am only fulfilling your legacy, do you expect me to believe in this? This is not you - not the you I know!"
"Nor is this the girl I left when I crossed the veil! You cared Morgana, I had to force you to take that dagger in your hand - your mind is no longer yours let me help you!"

Elaine looks on confused - this wasn't supposed to happen, this wasn't what she saw. She goes to pull out a small crystal from a pouch on her belt, to show them the vision, but as she walks forward something grabs her and pulls her down. Morgause spins around confused, confused that Elaine had gone - her enchantment not yet completed.