When things come crashing down

Morgana looked up at Arthur - her brother - and smirked.
"Well I guess I should thank you brother, you don't often make my life easy but you've just saved me an awful lot of leg work"
Arthur straighten up, king like, a look that suited him and Morgana despised it.
"I hope you've said your last goodbyes as I'm going to enjoy killing you Arthur Pendragon"

And with that Morgana thrusts out her hand, mid spell - but it is not Arthur that is sent flying. Morgana crashes to the ground. For a moment all is still. Elaine is vacant, her eyes glazed over with gold, her heart heavy. She isn't proud of what she just committed.

Arthur is lost for words and confused.
"You have magic" his voice almost a whisper. "You lied to me".
Elaine closes her eyes. A solemn tear slides down her cheek.
"I didn't lie to you, you never asked" she stuttered.
"You never said" he retorted,
"And would that have changed your opinion of me? You'd be dead if it wasn't for me"
Arthur shook his head in disbelief. He takes a moment , and looks to Morgana. "Is she dead?"

"What I did Arthur I did not do lightly - I don't want to hurt anyone let alone...family, but it was either you or her." Elaine turns to look at Morgana,
"She isn't dead, simply knocked out, enough to bide you sometime. No harm will come to you or Camelot from me you have my word - I can't vouch for Morgana but I can't leave her either - I wish it didn't come to this ...brother "
She looks over to the doorway, to Arthur, but it is empty.

Elaine looks down defeated, surrounded by silence. She takes a moment to compose herself, trying to comprehend all that had happened. She is pulled from her gloomy thoughts by an icy breeze whipping through the open door. She heads over to it to close it, only to be hit by Aithusa, gliding in.

She stumbles backwards into the wall, a tiny white dragon scrambling in her arms. Aithusa corrects herself and stands in Elaine's grasp. Her small sparkling blue eyes level with Elaine's now dulled green ones. The dragon chirps, Elaine manages a small smile.

"I'm glad you're here" she sighs, closing the flimsy wooden food behind her. Elaine huddled up to the dragon who spied the sprawled out Morgana on the floor through Elaine's somewhat straggly hair. Aithusa stared at Elaine once more,
"I had no choice" she admitted, but Aithusa wasn't so sure and so scrambled out of her grasp and fluttered to Morgana's sleeping side. It wasn't long until Elaine too was crouched down by her side. She stared at her intently, checking her over nervous she may have caused more damage than she intended too.

The wind had picked up and it began to howl through the cracks in the hovel. Aithusa carefully relighting candles after the draft and blown them out. Elaine had the task of getting Morgana over to the bed. It was an effort but she persisted. She flopped an arm over her shoulder and half dragged Morgana over to the side of the bed, where with as much care as possible laid her down to rest. Aithusa dragged a blanket off from the chair, sweeping up dust and stray leaves along with it.

"Thank you" Elaine nodded at the dragon who watched from the floor on hind legs as Elaine draped it over her sister. Her face still pale from the day's events, full of mixed emotions - guilt being one of them. She then busied herself with small bits and pieces to pass the time like writing a note and sending it by raven to Arthur, cleaning up the mess she had made when she caused Morgana to crash into the shelves and keeping the fire stocked up but nothing eased the load on her mind. Heavy hearted she crumbled to the floor next to her sister lying peacefully on the bed. Hand in hand.

"I'm sorry Morgana"