A Beautiful Day for an Accident Lets Say

I awoke the next day to an empty house. Thin streaks of light poured in through the tattered sheet, used as a curtain.

I often wondered why Morgana didn't use magic to spruce the place up a bit. I'm sure there is a spell for curtains somewhere! Comes to think of it, I have never bothered using magic to alter the house, or should one say hovel, either. For some strange reason I think the hovel suits us. I'm not entirely sure why, but it seems simple, made of the earth. A bit like us really. Our magic is nothing to fear, we are of the earth, just as much as anyone else, if not more!

I was surprised how accustomed I had come to company. How quite the hovel was without them. How bored I was becoming. Once I had finished doing simple tasks to try and make the area look more presentable I decided to venture on a walk through the forest. Anything seemed more enticing that staying there alone. So much so I wondered whether or not staying at the hovel was the right idea after all?

The forest seemed so alive. The trees swayed in the light summer breeze. The ferns spread out in all directions, forever growing larger. I was showered in flecks of gold and green. Moving in and out of the sunlight and into the shade. I picked up a few of the branches that had fallen in the storm a few days back. My original intention was to use them as firewood, but my idle mind had other ideas.

Dirty boots, scuffled around in the brown and drying leaves of the forests floor, bashing the branches off from the trunks of the trees. I could imagine Arthur laughing. I must of looked a right state, but I couldn't stop. The satisfaction of hearing the "crack" and watching a piece of the branch project through the forest, hitting off more tree trunks. I got faster, trying it while running, jumping from one back to the next, until the forest became nothing but a blur.

I jumped from one high ledge, sending a particularly thick and stubborn branch crashing down on to a trunk. The crunch of the bark breaking brought a smile to my face. It flew through the forest at speed until,
"OW!" A loud groan seemed to drift from somewhere in the forest, my heart stopped for a moment, remembering Morgana's warning. I wasn't the only one lurking in the forests. But I was certain that whoever made that noise was because of my carelessness. And then the "thump" came, and my heart sank. Whoever it was. Was close and was probably hit by my branch.

"Morgana's gonna kill me" I sighed as I ran over to the direction of the groaning...