Partings

Elaine watches Morgana as she begins to pace -

"How is that possible?"
"Well I doubt you'll need the details..." Elaine chuckled
"Elaine" Morgana snapped surprisingly serious.
"Well Uther seems to be a man of many secrets! I'm surprised there isn't more of us to be honest"

Morgana shakes her head, her mind reeling. She remembered when she found out about Morgause - about Arthur and, she rolled her eyes, Uther. The initial shock but that sense of belonging too. That despite the underlying anger of being kept in the dark the relief that she was part of something so much - such a dynasty too and now Elaine was part of it. How could that be? She turns back to look at Elaine slumped on the floor struggling to move due to her actions. She couldn't possibly be, but then again there probably was a lot of secrets that Uther took to the grave, Elaine's life nearly one of them. Morgana can understand how the poor girl feels - and yet she still can't bring herself to feel it all over again.

"No.... No I don't believe you" she sighs.
Elaine looks somewhat disinterested, admiring newly made war wounds from their scuffle earlier. Cuts and scrapes on her hands and face.
"Oh" she says quietly "I'm sure Arthur would probably feel the same way"
"Don't talk about him" she mutters
"Well he is family..."
"NOT TO ME HE'S NOT"
"Morgana" Elaine says sadly "you know that without family you'd have nothing"

Morgana's demeanour appeared to have shrivelled slightly. Shoulders down, distraught, Elaine couldn't quite connect. The day had seemed rather joyous - questions she had asked ever since she could remember finally answered. She just didn't get a chance to explain herself quite liked she'd hoped. She struggles but manages to pull herself and come over to Morgana in a desperate plea to change her tormented mind.

"What do you want from me?" Morgana asks
"I've got everything I need but I guess" she pauses wondering if she will sound to sappy, "a family" she puts her hands together forming a circle. Morgana looks at it, her circle couldn't be completed - not without Morgause although some small part of her could live without Uther though even that left her conflicted - he was her father. She shook her head, chastised herself for considering such measures - she was never going to forgive Arthur anyway so what what the point in even trying to see any other way.

"Then I'm afraid you aren't going to find it here"
Elaine does her best to straighten herself up, and by doing so is just a bit shorter than Morgana. She's upset and does her best to mask it. She always knew that if she were to find out who she really was its was always going to turn out like this, but it was never meant to be this way. It was time she got what she wanted - did she not deserve that much at least? Elaine certainly thought so.

Morgana notes the determined gleam in her green eyes - as if looking in a mirror - "then it's time I looked else where"

She grabs her cloak of the end of a chair and strokes Aithusa's head gently - "Look after her" she whispers to the dragon. The dragon chirps back quietly and Elaine lets a small smile show and turns around to the door.
"And where are you going?" Morgana asks loudly, standing by the bed.
"Well you said it yourself didn't you, I'm not going to find it here and it seems as if I've outstayed my welcome"
"Well you can't just leave"
"I came into your care with nothing and that's what I shall leave with" she nods to Morgana from the threshold of the door.
"Go where"
"Where ever will take me - it's time I found what I was looking for"
"Which is?" Morgana questions surprised that Elaine had found the strength to walk out on her, she felt betrayed.
"What does it matter? You've stated your intentions as I have mine - now if you do excuse me it's been a pleasure"
"You can't just leaves without an explanation Elaine" - but Elaine was already gone knowing that somehow she'll have to face Morgana again and make things right whatever the cost.