"Don't Tell Me I'll Be Fine,"

"I'm the type of person you'd reach out to, in hopes I take your hand and walk with you through the storm, but never the person you'd share your sunny days with."

"That's not true, I love you."

"But you love him more."

Present Time

I sat outside my father's office, impatiently waiting for him and his fellow clergy men to come to a decision regarding our future. I seethed at the thought that such an important verdict was been made without my input.

It is the 21st century after all and yet some still see women as housewives and baby making machines instead of strong members of society.

All I could hear were mumbles and the shuffling of chairs as I pressed my ear to the door in hopes of getting an inclination as to what was been said.

"It's not very ladylike to eavesdrop." I heard a familiar voice chuckle behind me.

"You saw nothing." I narrow my eyes at Micah and whisper, trying to look threatening.

"Yes ma'am."

"Ew ma'am? What are we in the 1800's? What are you doing here you goof?"

"Well I knew about today's meeting and the fact that you would probably be freaking out, so I thought I'd bring my girlfriend lunch and we can have it in the church gardens."

I walk up to Micah and plant a delicate kiss on his rosy cheek before whispering,

"When it comes to you, I feel that good luck was really on my side."

"I am completely besotted by you Addison Mills. You turned me into an angel and now all I want to do with these wings is lift your spirits up and shield you from all harm. I know it's been a rough couple of weeks but in order for a rainbow to appear it has to storm right?"

"But what if that wasn't the storm? I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that something terrible is going to happen."

"Come let me put you at ease."

I followed him without hesitation see, Micah was your stereotypical bad boy turned good guy because of his sweetheart aka me. We had been dating for around about 5 months much to my father's and the rest of the churches disapproval.

He had been assigned to youth rehabilitation about a year ago at the church and I being the pastor's daughter not so coincidently was in charge of it, long story short I helped him see the good in himself and we fell in love.

Micah was the sun brightening up my day and moon guiding me through the night. Been raised by parents in a loveless marriage gave me a warped perception of the big four letter word but it also drove me to find better than what they had, to find something that was real.

I've gotten more affection from my father's sister, Isabelle. She was the black sheep of the family who refused to go with the whole 'holier than thou act' and I was told to stay away from her as she was a 'bad influence' but I've always been a rebel, plus who are we to pass judgement and condemn someone's life choices? Are we God?

At the Mills residence, later that afternoon

"We came to a decision that preserves the churches and our family's name. This is the best solution, what would you rather have me do? Be stripped of my priesthood?" My father, Jeremiah barked.

"Did you even think about how this may affect me? My life is here. Now just because the church council wants you to move to some little town in the middle of nowhere to save face, I to must suffer?"

"I'm doing this for us Addy, I'll be damned if your mother's tainted image follows you around whilst we are here. Around each corner is the same treacherous sins that lead to her demise, this city is godforsaken, the further we are from it the better."

"She cheated on you and..."

"And what Addy? Died in a car accident while trying to flee with her lover. Not giving a damn about you or me? At least I'm still here and I'm trying to do right by you. You've always been resilient, you'll be fine."

"Don't tell me I'll be fine."

"This may not be what you want Addy, but different might be exactly what you need."

"What about getting into Julliard, my dream college and ballet, the very thing that ignites my soul? A town in the middle of Texas surely only knows of line dancing."

"Enough, I'm done discussing this. We leave at the end of the week."

I watch my father walk away through blurry eyes and know he cannot be reasoned with. I managed to wipe away the tears that felt like acid against my skin and found myself headed towards Micah's house to be comforted.

Pembroke Residence

Mrs. Pembroke answered the door, seeing me distraught she immediately lead me inside and called for Micah before giving us some privacy.

"What's wrong my little cloud?" He asked while pulling me against his chest. I inhaled the mixed scent of his perfume and cigarette smoke, this calmed me for long enough to tell him what had conspired.

"Hell no, I'm going over there right now and having a word with your father."

"It's no use, he has already made up his mind."

"Well who's to say you have to uproot your whole life as well? You can stay with my family, they all love you and we have money, you'll be taken care off."

"I'm 17, it's just not possible and I don't think my dad could handle losing me as well after what happened with my mum."

"It's just not fair, I knew I'd eventually have to say goodbye to you like when you went off to Julliard and became this famous ballerina and I was okay with that, with you leaving but not with you been taken away."

"I love you Micah Pembroke and thank you for loving me back."

"You made it so damn easy to."