Ride 'em Cowgirl

This chapter is dedicated to a friend of mine who is also a talented author, -noelleee- Her book Loving Esme is a must read so go and check it out!!!

"Carter is such a prick." Addison exuberantly sighs as she rubs her temples.

"Hey let's not allow some wanker, no matter how right he may be to ruin our night." Micah states whilst rubbing his hand against Addison's back.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Holden interjects.

"Oh well Addy and I do look like the perfect couple because we are one."

"I'm sorry but I recall her leaving your ass back in New York and you following her here like a lost puppy."

"Enough, God what has gotten into the two of you? I didn't come here to hear ya'lls bickering." Addison gets up in a rage and storms off towards the mechanical bull riding area causing Micah and Holden to follow her.

A cowboy with the manners of a gentleman helps Addison to mount onto the bull and gives her a few safety tips before exiting the pen.

"Wait." Holden screams at the bull operator before they could press start.

He then proceeded to jump over the pen railings and place his cowboy hat on top of Addison's head.

"Ride 'em cowgirl."

The mechanical bull started to move at a slow pace giving Holden enough time to re-join Micah and the others watching but this only lasted momentarily. Within 5 seconds Addison was thrusted off the bull and landed on the padded ground, the cheers of those around her almost made the hard landing worth it.

Micah and Holden both rush to Addison's side, helping her regain composure.

"My inner thighs are burning and my whole body feels like it has been in an electric mixer." Addy complains as the boys walk her out of the pen.

"You were great out there, I'm impressed." Holden softly praises her.

"That's not the only thing she's good at riding." Micah smirks causing a now flustered Addison to smack his shoulder.

"Real classy Micah, what are you trying to rub something in?"

Micah lets out a menacing laugh before throwing a balled fist at Holden, making direct contact with his jaw. The two men begin wrestling on the floor, exchanging punches until being broken up by Carter who was now trying to be a hero in Addison's eyes.

"What' next? Are you two going to compare dick sizes? Well news flash you're both acting like one. Carter can you please take my car and drive Micah home?" Addison queries.

"Of course, anything you need." Carter catches the keys thrown at him and walks with a frustrated Micah out into the cool air.

"That's going to leave a bruise." Addison looks up at Holden and gently runs her hands over his discoloured skin.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Grace will have something in her fist aid kit that'll fix me right up." Holden moves his hand onto Addison's cheek and she leans into it.

"Let's have one more drink before we leave."

Addison nods in approval as the two make their way back to the table.

"Micah sure does know how to throw a punch." Holden snickers as he takes the last sip of the golden liquid before him.

"Well he may or may have not being in a small time gang back home."

"Ahh so little Addy likes the bad boys."

Addison rolls her eyes and subtly kicks Holden under the table causing him to jump at her gesture.

"It's getting pretty late, come on lets go." Addison reaches out her hand and Holden places his truck keys in her palm, nobody was allowed to drive his baby yet she was the exception.

Meanwhile

Carter barely manages to pull up onto Addison's driveway before Micah could storm out of the car in a fit of fury.

"Hey man you need to calm down before Addison gets back home or you're just going to push her away." Carter offers some advice, his tongue may have being draped in sugar but his intentions were sour.

"Fuck, I made an idiot out of myself tonight it's just that Holden sure does know how to get onto my nerves."

"I told you he's not the southern gentleman he pretends to be. He needs to be stopped before history repeats itself."

"What do you suggest I do?" Micah questions, hoping to get a look into Carters devious mind.

"That depends, how far are you willing to go in order to protect Addison?"

"You already know the answer."

"Good, now listen carefully here's what we're going to do." Carter begins sharing his wicked plan with Micah hoping he would be an accomplice.

Back at the Daze residence

"Just be glad you don't need stitches this time." Grace swabs some alcohol over Holden's bruises causing him to clench his jaw.

"You should see the other guy." Holden jokes trying to lighten the mood.

"Your uncle is coming home this weekend, I thought maybe we could have a nice family dinner and he can finally meet Addison."

"That sounds like a great idea." Holden looks over to Addison with a bright smile gleaming across his face and covers her hand with his own.

"Good now please try to stay out of trouble until then." Grace instructs before saying goodnight and heading upstairs.

"Why don't you stay the night? I don't want you around Micah when he's acting like an ass."

"It's alright he would have calmed down by now plus my father's home, I want to ask him if he was able to find anything out."

"Alright then, let's get you home."

The following afternoon

"Holden."

"Micah."

"How's the jaw?"

"How's the eye?" Holden makes reference to Micah's purplish facial skin.

The two men laugh at their bruises before getting down to business.

"So this is the brook where it all went down, where your and Carters feud started."

"This is the place, it's being closed off to the public for years that's why I thought it would be the perfect place to meet."

"Speaking of Carter, last night went according to plan perfectly. All I had to do was express my distaste towards you and he was ready to help me take you down."

"I knew that snake would fall into our trap, the fake insults and fight only made him more eager. Did he tell you what his plan is?"

"He did and you're not going to like it one bit."