Holy Demons

“Argh why is it so bright in here? My head hurts. Where’s the coffee?” Micah moans and groans whilst making his way down the stairs.

“Rough night son?” A voice echoes from the kitchen, immediately causing Micah to run in its direction fully sobering him up in the process.

“Mr Mills? What are you doing here?” Micah walks into the kitchen and see’s Addison with her father casually having breakfast.

“I live here and call me Jeremiah please.”

“Sorry sir, I meant you weren’t due back for another couple of days.”

“Ahh I see, you wanted more alone time with my daughter. It’s good seeing you two back together.”

“We’re not together dad.” Addison corrected her father.

Yet. We’re not together as yet.” Micah interjected.

Mr. Mills turns to his daughter and says “Whomever you choose, don’t just go with your heart. Listen to your mind and feel with your soul.”

“Is that what you did when it came to my mother?” Addison questioned. Micah in shock almost spilt the coffee he was pouring.

Your mother and I married out of convenience but getting to be your father was worth the sacrifice of love.”

“I can’t take this anymore. Did you have her killed?” Addison spits much to Micah’s dismay.

“What? Addison do you really think I’m capable of doing such a thing? She may have being a terrible wife but she was still your mother”

“Okay let’s all calm down for a moment.”

Micah stay out of it.” The father- daughter duo yelled.

“Then why the hell have I being getting mysterious messages that all lead to you been behind her accident?”

“Addison, hand over those messages and forget about all of this.”

“How can you expect me to? This isn’t just something I can move on from. I need answers and if you don’t give them to me, God as my witness I will find out the truth elsewhere.”

“Who else knows about the messages?”

“Just Holden.”

“Get him over here now, we all need to talk.”

Holden’s p.o.v

I woke up to the constant buzzing of my phone, which was rather unpleasant considering my head was pounding. Addison’s texts were rushed, I could almost sense the panic behind her words which instantly caused me to jump out of bed and head towards the shower.

Buttoning up my favourite red flannel shirt that had Addison’s scent all over it, I took a moment to reflect on last night’s events – did I actually have a good time with Micah and what the hell was Carter’s endgame?

At the Mills residence

I pulled over to the curb in front of Addison’s home only to see her and Micah on the porch, lost in thought until noticing me.

“What’s going on?” I shouted whilst walking towards them, which was a terrible idea. The sound of my own voice caused sirens to go off in my head which was rather painful.

“Well Addison decided to go rogue this morning and ask her father about the accident. Now he wants to have a word with all of us.”

“Oh.” I answered while placing a soft kiss on Addison’s forehead.