"The Holy Trinity"

Micah and Holden both look at each other in utter shock before turning to Addison.

“Your dad? The pastor? A killer?” Holden questions.

“I mean, I’d get if he just killed the guy your mum was cheating with but to put an end to her as well? Seems a little extreme.” Micah offers his opinion.

“It all just adds up okay. Why else would he have been so adamant about us moving away? He clearly was running from his crimes.”

“Wait, Addy could be right. Remember the first message you received from the mysterious sender?”

“Ask you father if the devil can be retributed…The past can’t be run from.” Addison reads out loud the message stored on her phone.

“Why would the sender specifically mention your father? Unless this was a clue.”

Are there any other messaged mentioning your father?” Micah peeps over Addison’s shoulder and looks at her phone. Holden soon does the same on the opposite side.

Addison pauses for a second and looks at the men on each side of her, admiring the sculpted details of their faces. At this moment she felt extremely confused for she did not know who held more of her heart.

“Addy.” Holden’s voice snaps her out of her daze.

“Yeah uhmm, I’m not too sure.” She says before beginning to scroll through her phone.

Wait stop.” Micah commands, noticing something.

The holy trinity was tainted with blood from a beloved.”

“The trinity is made up of the FATHER, the son and the holy spirit.” Holden emphasises.

“Exactly and the ‘blood from a beloved’ could mean your mother’s.” Micah concludes.

“How could I have missed this?”

“It was dated the 4th of May.”

“The night you and I had a fight back in Vegas.”

For a moment silence falls upon the trio, no one knowing what to say to break the tension in the room.

“You father gets back in three days. What are we going to do about this?” Micah questions.

“We? As in the three of us? Does that mean you’re staying in McKinney?” Addison inquires.

Of course. Did you really think I’d leave when you need me the most? Plus if your father is some kind of pyscho there’s no way in hell I’m leaving you alone with him.”

“She wouldn’t have been alone. I’d lay my life on the line for Addy any day of the week.” Holden interjects.

Yeah well when all of this is over, I’m taking Addison home, back to New York where she belongs.”

“Oh I don’t think so.”

“I’m standing right here and can make my own decisions so please just chill. Now back to the matter at hand we need proof and messages from an anonymous sender isn’t going to cut it.”

“What if we just play this old school? I mean Addy can wear a wire and record everything when she confronts her dad. You and I can be parked outside in case things go south.”

Seems a bit obvious don’t you think? What if her dad knows it’s a set up and destroys any incriminating evidence her might have?”