Part 54

"Lottie!"

William sprinted towards me from behind the group of oncoming guards, dodging out of people's way as he hurries to reach me.

Thankfully Raydon is too occupied by the influx of guards to be aiming at me anymore and is focused on taking them out.

Liam moves in front of me, pushing me back quickly and putting his body between Raydon and me.

"Liam." I said, my words coming out in a shaky breath.

"I can't believe this. I'm not there and then a second later I hear gunshots. I should have been here with you." He says, clearly angry with himself.

"Just shut up Liam."

He seems ashamed, "No Lottie. I need to be here to protect you. You will not die on my watch. I love you."

I was so overwhelmed, but knew how I felt about him nonetheless, "I love you too. So much."

Another two gun shots went off and I glanced around Liam hesitantly to see Raydon now on the ground, along with one of the female guards. In seconds there was already blood staining the carpet, in large pools which made me squirm. I wonder how Izzy was doing, she was the most squeamish person I'd ever met, especially with blood.

More guards were surrounding the area quickly and the main officer was yelling instructions.

"Get the royals out of here now!"

~~~~~

A/N: A brief interruption

Did you guys figure that out about Raydon? Were you shocked to hear he was dating Genevieve?

I tried not to make it too obvious he was evil - but there were hints throughout. I think a few may have figured out he was up to something.

Don't worry, an explanation is coming for all of this - as Raydon will be interrogated in a bonus chapter.

~~~~~

In one swift movement Liam pulled me up into his arms, carrying me easily while I wrapped my arms around his neck. We moved down the corridor, trailed by a guard a few steps behind who was on high alert in case of any more surprise ambushes. I was keen to get away from whatever bloody mess was occurring around Raydon.

"You alright?" Liam asks with a shaky breath, "Actually dumb question, of course your not."

I laughed through my tears and buried my face into William's shirt as he moved down the hallway. It was incredible how I instantly felt safe in Liam's arms, leaning against his chest.

He spoke softly, concerned, "Did he hurt you?"

"No, he didn't hurt me, just tried to play all these mind games. I just can't believe all this."

"I couldn't live if something happened to you when I wasn't around." Liam says, kissing my hair, getting teary eyed at the thought.

"You can't be a hero all the time Liam." I tease him and he looks into my eyes with an honest response.

"I will always try my best though. For you."

I try to look around, see if I can spot my brother in the hall somewhere,
"Is Isabelle ok?"

"She's safe now. She's with Thomas." Liam assured me and holds me tighter, "God, Lottie your shaking."

A few stray tears still fall down my cheeks, "I thought he was going to shoot one of us, I don't know how I didn't pass out. And he shoved Izzy to the ground, and she's carrying a baby."