Part 38

The ball approached quicker than I thought and Raydon, Thomas, Isabelle and I were travelling in a car together to the location of the event. Raydon looked effortlessly handsome, as always, and chatted politely to my brother as he explained the importance of the night.

Thankfully Raydon seemed to be listening and taking it all in. As we arrived, many shiny cars lingering in the driveway area, Raydon extended his hand out to help me. I got out of my seat, linking my arm politely with my date as we followed Isabelle and Thomas towards the entry.

Entering the ball, I was announced with Raydon as we arrived, but everyone was already beginning to mingle as more guests came in.

Royal after royal was called out from the entrance, some I didn't even recognize. Along with other dignitaries, guests and members along the extended family lines.

With my arm politely looped in Raydon's we wove through the crowds, looking for no one in particular.

The first person we came across was the Chinese princess who was keen to speak with me. I had always been close with her, since she was my age.

"Juliana, hello." I say politely and see her give me a warm smile in greeting.

"Charlotte. Nǐ hǎo ma?"

"I am very good. You're dress is beautiful." I comment and the princess smiles proudly.

"Oh, xièxiè. I love the gold." Juliana says as she instinctively looks down at her dress. Her black hair is much longer than it was the last time I saw her at an event, the straight locks falling over her back delicately.

Her dress is beautiful, what I assume is a traditional style gown, long gold material with lighter accents. She also has a gold headpiece that sits on her dark hair.

I turn to introduce Raydon to the princess, "Raydon, this is Princess Xiaohui, from China."

"It's a pleasure to meet you your highness. My name is Raydon Anton." Raydon says and bows.

"It is a pleasure, but please call me Juliana, it is my English name."

"You have such a beautiful Chinese name though, Miss Xiaohui." Raydon says smoothly.

"Xièxiè, Mr Anton. Your pronunciation is very good." Juliana compliments, which she doesn't do very often. She must like Raydon so far.

"Thank you. Does it have a meaning?" Raydon says and Juliana smiles, nodding at his genuine interest.

"My father wanted a name that represented a new generation. So Xiaohui means many things such as dawn and sunlight. It also associates with wisdom."

Raydon nods intently, "A very beautiful background to go with a beautiful name."

"Thank you." She smiles with gratitude, the princess then turning to me, "Charlotte, Evelyn and Cameron have been wanting to speak with you."

"Ok, thank you Juliana," I say to the Chinese princess and she nods, so I turn to Raydon, "I'm going to introduce you to the Spanish Princesses."

"Lead the way cherry." Raydon whispers to me as I search the room for them. We say goodbye to Juliana and move through the masses of people, spotting the twins amongst the crowd.

As usual the Spanish Princesses have flowers in their hair. I get a glimpse of Carmen through the crowd, her dark hair in a braid with a white flower vine plaited through. She catches my eye and a grin stretched across her features as she grabbed her sister.

"Charlotte!" Carmen says in an excited tone as she pushes her way through to us.

Carmen and Evelyn were Isabelle's age, so a bit older than me. They were like sisters to us and we had such a fun time when they visited.