Part 24

The boys who were being sent home had the rest of the day to pack and leave. Chadwick was quick to leave though, demanding a car drive him to the airport immediately. Within half an hour he was packed and out the door, without a second look to everyone on his way out.

Axel however wasn't in so much of a rush, and took time to say goodbyes with the other selected, and me.
Considering he was flying all the way back to Australia I knew he wanted to make the most of his time left here.

Axel dragged his suitcase behind him, his smaller duffle bag over his shoulder, as he approached me.

"I'm sorry I've caused so much trouble for you Charlotte." He says casually and stops in front of me, dropping his duffel bag down.

"I know you had good intentions Axel, well, most of the time anyway."

He takes a step closer to talk, still leaving a comfortable distance between us, "I wish you all the best though. You deserve to find someone who makes you happy."

"Thank you, that means a lot." I say with a smile and he nods.

"I'm glad I got to meet you Charlotte. Your a wonderful person." He says and looks down to his shoes, "I've made some good friends here thanks to the selection."

I nod with a smile, "I'm pleased to hear that. I hope that in the future you find the person you're looking for."

Axel, even though he's made some mistakes, still seems like a good guy. Maybe not the one for me though. He meets my eye again.

"I'm sure I will. And I'm sure you will figure out which one of these boys is your match. Because even though it isn't me, I think the other boys are all good options for you." He says before scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, "What I'm trying to say is, follow your heart, because even though I forget to use my head sometimes, my heart is still in the right place and so is yours."

I laugh softly, "That's actually really nice of you to say Axel, thanks. And I agree, your heart is in the right place."

"And hey, if you ever come to Australia some time soon, you can always visit me. If you still are alright with beings friends that is after all this I've put you through." Axel offers and I nod.

"Of course. I'm sorry about how the situation played out."

"Don't apologise. I lash out sometimes." He says and pauses before meeting my eye again, "Anyway I should go. All the best Charlotte."

"To you as well Axel." I say politely before Axel turned and left. He walked right out the palace doors with his bags and didn't look back.

Once Axel had left I dismissed myself to my room for the remainder of the day. It had been a busy few hours and I wanted to spend some time alone. And that is exactly what I did.

~~~~~

The next day I was getting ready in the morning, having showered and changed, by taking time to do my hair in a neat braid.

My maid had just given me my dress for the day, but Thea pauses as we hear a knock at the door. I was still getting ready so she said she would take care of it before heading outside the room.

I hear Thea speaking with someone outside the door, so obviously I want to know what's going on. I ditch the braid I was doing in my hair, the dark locks falling loosely as I didn't tie it.

I pick up the skirts of my dress and hurry over to the door, pressing my ear against the wood to hear the conversation on the other side.

"How can I help you sir?" That's Thea's voice.