Part 34

Isabelle and I said bye to Colin and Serena, since they had plans to go out together for a nice dinner at some fancy restaurant.

Serena was so pleased that Isabelle let her keep several different dresses she had fallen in love with, including the ballgown that was covered in grass stains because she insisted she couldn't part with it.

They were so grateful and the look on Serena's face as they left said it all. She was holding back tears of joy and Colin was beyond thrilled that we had done so much.

Once the pair had left, that left Isabelle and I to go have dinner with the selected.

During the time with Serena and Colin I had momentarily forgotten about being in a selection, but it all came back to me as I sat down for dinner. I was bombarded with questions about my whereabouts by nearly all of the guys.

Tonight I had been seated beside Thomas, with Mason across from me.

Honestly Mason annoyed me with his smugness half the time, but he wasn't all bad. When I sat down he said I looked pretty, which was probably the most genuine sounding thing he'd said to me so far.

And Tate sat on my other side, having quickly stolen the most important seat that all the guys seemed to want first. He gave me one of his smiles that was so cute and loveable that I couldn't help but smile in return.

Tate asked about my day, and it appeared the rest of the selected boys were tuning in, so I made it clear I wasn't going into detail. I said politely that I had had a nice time with my guests and left it at that.

Realizing I wasn't going to share with them much about my day, the boys got into separate discussions amongst themselves as the meal was served.

Tonight was a spaghetti dish with a tomato sauce and parmesan. Everyone waited, some seeming more impatient, as the dishes were placed in front of them.

When everyone began to eat, Lance drew my attention from his space a few seats down as he asked about tomorrow's events.

"How long do the speeches have to be?" Lance asks as he twirls his fork around his pasta.

"Only a few minutes. We don't have time for them to be too long, so just a brief talk about what your charity is and why it is important to you."

"Alright cool. I just wasn't sure how much to write but that should be fine." Lance says and I give him a smile.

"Well I wish you all the best of luck for tomorrow." I say, addressing all of the guys.

Mason then said something that made me regret thinking he might be nice.

"I don't need luck, I've got this in the bag." Mason says proudly, grinning, but no ones seems happy.

Hunter reacted, being sat near him, "Well you're an idiot Mason."

"Don't insult me like that." Mason says with a scoff.

Hunter is quick to snap back, "I wasn't insulting you, I was describing you."

"Oh?" Mason laughs humourlessly, and glares him down, "Oh really? You want me to describe you next? Because I can do a lot worse."

"I'd like to see you try Halter." Hunter challenges.

"You're a complete fool! A moron! A-"

"Stop arguing!" I say, annoyed with the guys bickering all the time.