Part 45

Isabelle walks into the day room, seeing me and smiling as she approaches. She takes the empty seat across from me that Hunter had just vacated.

Isabelle is smiling as she sits down, but frowns as she sees my expression. I pause before speaking.

"Iz, I'm confused. Hunter seemed so keen for me to speak with Liam, but there's not much I can do to stop him from leaving if he wants to go. Right? Please tell me I'm right."

Isabelle though doesn't seem convinced, sighing, "Do you want my honest opinion?"

"Of course."

"Alright." She says and pauses, moving her hands onto the table and leaning closer, "Do you remember in my selection when you went and smacked Thomas over the head because you thought he was sending me home?"

I grin, "Do I remember? Ha. That was one of the highlights."

Isabelle smiles for a moment before looking at me seriously once more, "Well, right now, I wish I had the courage to do the same to you."

"To hit me over the head?" I ask, shocked.

She nods, "Exactly."

"But seriously. His father is making the final call, and Liam said he has no choice." I say, confused at why she's annoyed with me.

"But you care about him don't you?"

"God that's what Hunter said." I say, now even more confused, "I do care. But what if this is a sign? What if this is telling me it's not meant to be because he's leaving?"

"And what if he's the one and you're letting him walk away." Isabelle says.

"Again, it's not my choice to make."

"But you have right to rebel against it." Isabelle says, before leaning closer, "Imagine this. If you were being dragged away from a guy you liked, you would expect him to fight to get you back, right?"

I nod, "Well, yeah."

"So fight for him. Fight for the chance to be with him Char."

"But what if there's nothing I can do." I say, afraid of going against William's father.

Isabelle shrugs, "No harm in trying."

"He probably doesn't want me to try and stop him from going. He seemed set in his choice."

Isabelle stands up and puts her hands firmly on the table, leaning closer to get my full attention.

"Oh my god Charlotte. Why are we having this conversation?" She says, "Of course he does. Guys just don't always admit it, but they want you to show them you care every once in a while too. It's not just the knight in shining armour's responsibility all the time to fight for a relationship."

I nod in understanding, "Ok maybe you're right."

"Finally." Isabelle says and sits back down, a look of relief over her face.

"What should I do though?"

"Anything. Whatever you can to show him you care and prove to him he shouldn't leave. Then if he still wants to follow his dads orders, let him walk away, but at least you would have given it a shot."

"Alright." I say with a nod, finally getting what she's saying, "And thanks, Iz, you always know what to do."

"No problem." She smiles, then looks at me expectantly, "Well? What are you doing just sitting here. Go find him before he leaves."

I laugh, "Oh, right yeah. I'll talk to you later Iz."

"See ya." Isabelle says and I stand, moving my chair back.