Part 10

Over the next four days I go on so many dates, hurriedly trying to get through everyone.

I went on a date with Mason, which went well as we had lunch and watched a movie. He was very friendly and fun to be around, which made the time enjoyable.

I had a fun time with Lance a few nights ago, as we set up a camp night out in the gardens. We had a small campfire and two little tents set up. Together we roasted a few marshmallows and had fun coming up with scary stories, but we didn't make it through the night when the temperature dropped, so we hurried back into the palace in our sleeping bags.

I went on dates with James, Oliver, Logan and Edward in the past few days also, which were all decent but nothing significant happened really. I didn't get much of a chance to talk to most of the group, or even just relax over the last few days.

Yesterday I spent time with Axel, George and Raydon. I even spend a bit of time with Victor, which went just how I expected. Not well.

I had been with Benjamin, Henry, and Chadwick just this morning. I was getting a little tired from all this rushing around between guys.

Now I was with Mrs Yale, or Gwendolyn as she lets me call her. She was my teacher, to keep me updated on my studies. Gwendolyn was the best, and she had taught me and Thomas for years. She used to teach in a finishing school, so she was perfect to teach me princess things. I loved lessons with her, and ballroom dancing was my favourite.

Now I had finished school, Gwendolyn was here to fill me in on my Maths, English, History and a few other things. She had given me less tasks lately, insisting I focus on my selection.

Our little work area was a study on the fourth floor, a few small desks around that we set up to write at.

"Excellent work, your writing is really outstanding Miss Charlotte." Gwendolyn says, sliding my work back to me on the table with her few notes written in blue on the corner.

I smile, "Thank you Gwen." I say and look down to my history reading. I was a little old fashioned my self, preferring reading books and simply walking over hover boards and iMoves.

Gwendolyn steps up to my desk and I meet her smile, "Truly miss, you're improving at such a high rate. Maybe even better than your brother." She says.

"Maybe, but my brother is excellent. Do I have any other writing I need to do now?" I ask, and Gwen seems hesitant.

"I wasn't going to give you any. You've been so busy la-" She begins to say but I cut her off.

"I'd still like some writing to do."

She nods with a proud smile, "If you wish."

"Thank you Gwendolyn." I tell her happily and look back to my book. I try to read to distract myself for the next while, hoping I can relax and not have to worry about dates currently.

And I was trying not to think about this evenings elimination.

•••

It was after dinner that I called the boys into the sitting room, just off of the dining hall. I stood at the front of the room, the guys spreading themselves out on the plush sofas and the few ottomans, the rest standing around the back. I could tell some of the guys were nervous, faces full of worry.

My brother Thomas during his selection didn't have the balls to eliminate people in person, but I planned to do it face to face. I wouldn't send someone home with so much as a goodbye letter, I wanted to explain my decision to the guys.

"Right everyone, let's begin," I start, fiddling with my hands against my evening blue dress. I sweep my eyes over all of the guys before beginning, "I'm sad to inform you I will be cutting down the selected today, and if you are asked to leave you must do so immediately."