Part 23

Tate's party was awesome. The ballroom was dimly lit, dark washing over the room with brightly coloured disco lights zig zagging across the floor. A massive disco ball spun on the roof, showering the floor in specks of glittering white. They were blasting Queen through the speakers as we arrived.

Everyone was dancing in their vintage style outfits, Tate doing an upbeat swing dance with me.

I had stopped after the first few dances to get a drink, my feet sore and smile wide. I was having lots of fun dancing around with all the boys, but I must admit it was exhausting.

Isabelle was enjoying herself too, even though Thomas was checking up of her every few moments to make sure she was alright. He was being very cautious because of the baby.

Isabelle smiled and handed me a drink, a juice with a mix of different fruits.

"You have to do another dance with me Char. Although I'm not much good at any of these kinds of dances."

"I would love another dance. Just give me a minute to recover from all the stepping on toes I've been doing."

Isabelle laughs, "Can't be as many as I've stepped on. I'm pretty sure Tom is annoyed with me."

"He could never be annoyed with you, no matter how bad your dancing." I say as I sip my drink, looking at her smile grow.

She looks off with a loving gaze, "I know. I only wish we could ballroom dance together."

"Iz, this is a disco." I remind her.

Isabelle nods, before she notices something over her shoulder, "Oh look!"

I turn to see what had caught her eye. It was Jack and Raydon, now taking the dance floor with tap shoes on. I grin as I see them put top hats on their heads and cue the music.

The crowd around the edge of the room watches as the boys start some kind of 30s style, musical theatre looking routine. Although a bit clumsy, the boys do an impressive amount of tapping.

Jack does a high speed tapping section before Raydon holds his hat in his hands while he jumps and spins, landing on one knee.

I laugh as the boys extend their hats out to me and I applaud them along with the crowd.

"That was very impressive boys." I say after they give a bow and move amongst the crowd again.

"Thanks Charlotte." Jack says and gives Raydon a pat on the back. Raydon grins and puts his top hat on my head of curls, making me smile.

I look between the pair, "I wasn't aware you boys could tap dance."

"Neither was I." Jack said with a laugh and Raydon agreed.

"Always good to have a few party tricks up your sleeve." Raydon tells me and nods before going off to get a drink with his dance partner.

More upbeat music began to play around the room and I looked around for Isabelle but saw she was already back on the dance floor with Thomas.

A tap on my shoulder had me turning around,

"Lottie?"

"Hey Liam." I say in greeting and William smiles as he runs a hand over his blonde hair. He extends a hand out to me.

"M'lady, would you like to dance?"

I nod, "Thank you kind sir. I would love to." I tell him, putting my hand in his with a smile before he leads me through to a gap in the dance floor. He swings me around to face him and steps to the beat.

"You know a good dance for this song?"

"Of course." I say and swing my arms as I kick each of my legs out, trying to do some kind of Lindy Hop.