Part 13

The next morning I woke to sun filtering through the gap in the curtains. It wasn't usually this sunny.
I got up and got dressed in a cute summer jumpsuit that was baby blue, tying my hair up in a high ponytail. I didn't feel like having a stressful day, and had woken up feeling happy, so I hoped nothing ruined my good mood.

Heading down the hallway I run into my mother, who gives me a curious glance. She smiles though and gives me a hug.

"Good morning mum." I say and notice she has a concerned look across her face.

"Good morning sweetheart. Have you by any chance got anything to do with the boys this morning?"

I furrow my eyebrows, "No why? What's going on?"

"A handful of them are doing exercise outside." She says with a unimpressed shake of her head.

"Why is that a problem?" I ask, clearly confused.

My mother sighs, "They are shirtless. Several maids I have seen distracted today because of it. I need you to ask them to stop."

"Why me?" I ask, still knowing it is my duty.

"Because this is your selection, therefore they are your responsibility dear."

"Fine." I say and start to continue down the corridor.

My mother calls out one last thing to me, "And Charlotte."

I turn to my mother again, "Yes?" I ask, and she gives me a pointed look.

"Don't you get yourself distracted too."

"I won't Mum." I say with a roll of my eyes but my mother just continues down the corridor.

I get to the first floor and exit to the gardens, seeing what my mother was saying was true. Running around the grounds, half of the selected guys were shirtless and sweaty. Raydon was the first to spot me, running a hand through his hair before jogging the few meters to reach me.

"Princess Charlotte." He says with a charming smile and stands a few steps away from me.

"Ray, hi."

Raydon grins, "You look gorgeous, as always."

"You look.. a little sweaty." I say, using the excuse to glance at his bare chest, but quickly meeting his eyes when he notices.

He smirks, "Want to hang out later?"

"Sure, but right now I have to get this shirtless situation under control."

"Oh come on Charlotte, I'm sure you love it." Raydon says with a grin.

"I'm not sure my parents agree. This is a palace after all." I say, glancing past Raydon to see the rest of the guys coming over once they run back around.

Nearly all of the guys are here, except for Oliver, James, Edward and Logan, who I assumed would be around the palace somewhere.

I waited until all the guys had come close enough to hear before I spoke, "Guys, if you wish to exercise outdoors I suggest you wear appropriate clothing, you can't just run around shirtless."

"But-" One of the boys in the group tried to complain but I cut him off.

"No buts. All of you inside now, we will have a group activity in 10 minutes so put on some proper clothing and meet me on the first floor." I say and make sure I receive nods from all of them before feeling satisfied.

I turned on my heel and headed back into the palace, keen to avoid all the shirtless guys who were clearly distracting me.

•••