Part 7

At dinner I sat beside Jack and Edward. They were quite nice people and were keen to talk with me, which was nice.

It was a little awkward with my parents and brother watching from the other end of the table though, but I guessed that was just how the selection worked.

Jack was very gentlemanly, and was telling me about his music. He said he played piano and that the next time I see him he could play a song for me, which I thought would be a wonderful idea.

While dessert was served Edward chatted to me about his photography, which he seemed very passionate about.

Once dinner was over I excused myself and headed to my room, as I was ready to just relax for the evening. Thea drew me a bath and filled it with bubbles. It was a warm comfort and I could thoroughly wash my hair.

I stayed in the bath for longer than usual, getting sidetracked listening to my music that I could hear Thea humming in the other room while she changed my sheets ready for bed.

A knock came at my bedroom door, and Thea glanced to me from my room. I nodded for her to answer it, so she closed the bathroom door, hiding me from view. I tried to listen in, but all I heard was a few muffled voices and Thea saying, "Sorry she's in the bath."

After a moment or two Thea pushes the bathroom door open. I can see the smile on her face, so I know she's up to something.

"One of your selected boys just stopped by, and he seemed a little upset you weren't around to talk to." Thea explains

"Which one was it?" I say, eyeing the black book she has in her hands. Was she holding that before?

Thea tries to think for a moment, "Oh I forget his name. But he was the one you went on a date with today." Typical Thea, forgetting a name of someone she just spoke with.

"William?" I ask but Thea shakes her head no.

"Tate?" I ask and she nods with a smile, remembering now.

"That's the one. He was very sweet and says he hopes to talk to you tomorrow," She says with a smile, "Oh, and he dropped this book off for you, I didn't open it because he told me to give it to you. So once you're done in the bath you can have a look." She says and places the black book on the cabinet in the bathroom.

"Thank you Thea." I say with a smile.

"Is there anything else you need tonight miss?" Thea asks, ready to finish for the day as she usually does.

I shake my head, "No, I'm alright, thank you."

"See you in the morning then miss." Thea says and leaves, closing the door after her to give me some privacy.

What was really playing on my mind was what was in the black book from Tate. I finish my bath, stepping out and into a fluffy pink towel, pulling up my hair to dry as well. I drain the bath, dry myself and get changed into my nightgown.

I take Tate's book and move from the bathroom into the main space, sitting on my bed. Opening the book and flicking through it, I assumed it was empty because of all the blank pages. But one was drawn in.

A highly detailed, colored picture of a dress. The very dress I had designed earlier this morning with him. But this was what I imagined and better, and it had really shown he understood what I had been trying to create.

It was an intricate pencil sketch, and you could even see the fabric details, and he had added his own touch with the silk band he drew around the waist.

He must have gone back to the art studio and copied my drawing, and I can't believe he had taken the time to do this. It was so sweet of him.

Admiring the drawing I place the book on my bedside table and think about who I might take on dates tomorrow.