Part 40

Hunter is up next to be interviewed and he slides in comfortably beside me in the chair. As he takes his seat he whispers, "Hey princess."

Hunter grins as he rests his arm casually on the couch behind me.

"Nice to see you Evans." I say softly in return before we both look to Julia who is smiling at us brightly.

Julia looks between us, "Mr Evans, how are you feeling about being in the nobility?"

"Great. Charlotte's lovely. The guys are nice enough."

"Was it a surprise to be chosen?"

He grins, "Not at all. I know my relationship with the Princess is solid."

"You seem quite confident. Do you think that between all you selected boys, you don't realise others may have stronger connections?"

"Well, I don't really think any of us truly know how strong the others connections are. And at the end of the day it's up to the princess, so we shouldn't worry too much."

"But do you believe you can figure out who is leading? Who may be closest to the princess?" Julia asks, as if I'm not sitting right in front of her.

Hunter smirks, "Oh, well I have my suspicions."

"Care to share Mr Evans?" Julia pries further, clearly curious to know what he is thinking.

I butt in, "I don't think that's necessary."

"Alright." Julia says with a pursed lip, "We'll move on then because we have a lot to get through. Thank you for your time Mr Evans."

"Cheers." Hunter shoots me a smile before moving off to rejoin with the boys. Each interview is short so it doesn't take too long to get through them all.

Tate is up next and seems nervous as he takes a seat on the couch.

"Mr Cunning, how are you feeling this evening?" Julia asks him and he seems shy about the camera.

"Alright, thank you."

"And what was your reaction to being apart of the nobility?"

He smiles, genuinely, "I was excited. I really like spending time with Charlotte."

"Good to hear." Julia says, "However, there is concern around your public speaking ability? Do you believe that might cause a problem for your relationship?"

Tate sighs, his breath shaky, and I reach over to hold his hand. He takes my hand and squeezes it tightly for support.

"I've been trying my best, but it's certainly not one of my strong suits. I just hope the princess will look past that." He says, sneaking a glance at me but focusing on the interviewer.

I look to him, making sure he meets my eye, and whisper, "Of course I will."

Tate smiles, regaining some confidence as he looks to me.

"Princess Charlotte, why in particular did you chose Mr Cunning for the nobility?"

I turn back to Julia.

"Because he's a genuine person, and I really want to get to know him more." I say honestly.

Julia nods and looks back to Tate, "Mr Cunning, how does it feel to be so far away from your home in New Zealand?"

"It's certainly different."

"Do you think you'd be willing to give up your life back home to come here if that's what the princess wants?"

He pauses to think, "I would have to think about that. Moving across the globe isn't a decision I'd make quickly."

"Of course. Well Mr Cunning, thank you for your time."