Part 14

As I leave my time with Mason it seems to be quite late and as I head back down the corridor to the elevator I'm stopped, hearing some commotion in a sitting room.

I enter to see what's happening when I see several maids clearing up the room. Glancing around I see a large set up has been prepared and slowly a team of maids are clearing it back to normal.

"What's happening in here?" I ask and all the heads poke up at my voice, gazes falling upon me. The maids seemed surprised by my presence and I look around at them confused.

One of the maids I knew as Tracy scurried over to me, "Miss Charlotte, where have you been?"

"What do you mean by that?" I ask her, genuine confusion crossing over my features. Why did I feel as if I was forgetting something?

"Mr Lance was waiting for you, with this room all set up. He appeared very upset before he left because he assumed you wouldn't come." The maid explained and I felt a weight drop on me.

I felt so guilty. I had forgotten about my promise to meet Lance.

"Did he head back to his room?"

"I'm not sure, but I assume so. What would you like us to do with all this stuff?" The maid gestures behind her to the food and candles and chocolate and lights that had been set up around the room. Even just looking at all this he had set up made me feel guilty.

"Please gather anything that can be reused and save it for another time. Thank you Tracy." I explain to the maid and make sure she nods before I turn to make my exit.

"No problem your highness. Good luck." Tracy says before moving around to pack up more of the wasted set up.

I nod to her politely and hurry from the room, eager to catch Lance before leaving it too late. I knew where the boys corridor was, but it would take a bit of searching to find his room.

I rush down the corridor and find the door I was looking for, marked L. Thomas. I notice my hands are fidgeting nervously, which has becoming a new habit for me and I force them to still. Lifting my head up and wanting to face the consequences for my actions, I raise my fist and rap against the door.
I bet he hates me at the moment. I can't believe I forgot.

It takes a moment for the door to open and when it does I watch as shock registers on Lance's face as he realises it's me. His blonde hair is disheveled, as if he's messed it up by running a hand through it.

Glancing into his eyes I see surprise, but that sets into dissapointment, and that feeling hits me hard. The look in his eyes seemed as if he wanted to cry, but he quickly masked over that.

"Lance, I'm extremely sorry. I meant to come find you, I just lost track of time."

He avoids my eye when he replies, "It's fine Charlotte. I know you've been busy today."

"That's no excuse. And I feel terrible. I could spend some time with you now if you want?" I say, cringing at my words. I sound pathetic.

Lance runs a hand through his hair, pulling the door open wider for me to enter, "Sure." He says and still won't even look at me in the eye. I hate how I've upset him.

In silence we move and I sit down on the end of his bed, waiting as he slumps into the spot beside me.

"I'm sorry you had to waste your time setting up." I tell him, my voice soft so I don't become too upset.

"It's alright." He says plainly, but I can't hear in his tone it's not.

I shake my head at his poor response, "But it's not. You must be very upset with me."