Part 1

My name is Charlotte. I just turned 19.

And I'm the princess of England.

2 years ago my brother had his selection, and he fell in love with the most gorgeous girl, Isabelle, and they got married earlier this year. They are like the dream couple, and Isabelle is like an older sister to me.

Now my parents want me to have my own selection.

But the idea of 20 guys fighting for my attention scares me a little. Letting them into my life, while cameras film my attempt to date. I'm usually a confident person, but after 2 years and knowing I'm having a selection, I guess it's getting to me a bit.

I've never had a boyfriend, let alone tried to take interest in any guys. It is quite different when you're a princess. Doing regular things like dating aren't as easy and private.

I haven't really liked any guys. Well apart from one I suppose, who I've had a tiny crush on for a while.

But alas, being a princess has it's limitations.

And any time there's an event, the king's advisors are invited, which also means they drag along their sons. Most are either too old or too young so it's easy to take no notice of them.

Well, except when they're cute. And there was one.

William Martina, son of the advisor and investor, Jacob Martina, a close worker with my father, King William.

William is a football player, and a good one too. I was crushing on him for a while, but it's kind of faded away now as my selections coming up.

I would have liked to get to know him, but I don't have the nerve to introduce myself to him. He probably has never taken notice of me. That's why my parents want me to do a selection, so I can choose someone suitable out of the handful of guys.

But my brother tells me the selection is the best thing that could ever have happened to him, and I want that for myself too.

•••

"It has been two weeks since the announcement of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge's selection, and we know what that means. Today is the day, ladies and gentlemen, when we pick the lucky 20 men who will fight it out for the princesses heart. Now I'd like to introduce his highness Prince Thomas, and his wife Isabelle who had their selection so successfully. We've seen so many wonderful photos from your wedding your majesty, any encouraging words for your sisters selection?"

The announcer, a broad man in a grey suit smiles widely in the cameras direction, motioning for my brother and Isabelle to move onto the podium. Thomas steps up proudly, Isabelle's arm hooked in his as she moves forward with him.
Isabelle looks incredible, as always, in a thin navy gown, silver pins holding up her hair.

My brother is neatly dressed too, and he looks confident as he speaks into the microphone, "I'm very fond of the selection. Since it gave me the chance to meet the most amazing girl ever." He pauses to give Izzy a kiss on her hair and I swear the crowd swoons. They are a lot to live up to.

"And I have confidence in Charlotte, that she will find the one she's looking for." Thomas turns to catch my eye briefly before facing the camera again, "Because she's an amazing sister and any guy would be lucky to be with her."

I love my big brother. He's always so kind to me, and supportive.

"And Princess Isabelle, any final words for Princess Charlotte?" The announcer asks and looks to Isabelle.

"Even though the selection might seem scary and intimating, its a great way to meet new people and find the person your looking for. You'll never know unless you try, so Charlotte, I suggest you leave with no regrets." Isabelle says and turns to look at me too, a sweet smile across her face.