ꨄ︎XIX

Words used :

Esposo - husband

necesito comida - I need food

Gracias - Thank you

─────────•◈•─────────

- - -

❧❧❧

The soil resisted her touch , when her fragile hands planted the rice seedlings into the muddy earth with a plop* .

Elisa had been working on the plantation for hours , hours and hours as the sun passes and got closer above her head , trying to melt her with it's boiling heat .

"dios ... mi dios "

Her heart sang whenever her energy starts to weaken during the hot day , nothing but just hunger was bothering her , she could eat anything , any other food even if it would be yams and green peas , but the obstacle that stood in front of her like Himalayas was that , she was out of food supplies , just only a few carrots were left for her and when she would get her pay , she would die within the time .

The clinking * bag of ponderous pesetas would reach her in the other week , if she worked whole heartily but what desolated her soul was her dying state .

Today , she tried to look into the glassy and half cracked mirror , she found into her rented house . It was as if her body shrunk and a ghoul ate away her meaty flesh leaving nothing but a structure of depressed bones behind , a happy skeleton with a lost heart .

She cried when she saw her state , the tears didn't seemed to take a stop , so she cursed at herself , cursed herself for how could she be so blinded in love with Alvarado Perèz , that she didn't thought of the outcomes , cursed herself for starving of love , when her own husband didn't gave her a glance , so she found another man , as a safe place .

" Dios ... mi Dios "

The words choked on halfway when she remembered what Alvarado said to her , when she told him that her husband found out everything .

His deep cold words that pierced her world into two and made her what she is now , ugly , skinny , weak and hopeless .

" La Joder....."

Said Alvarado , he sat paralyzed as if time had stopped him , the familiar room which was lovely once was now dying like the withering flowers on a stone cold grave .