ꨄ︎XXVII

─────────•◈•─────────

--- Year 1944 ---

March 9 , Orfanato de joel

- - -

" Gabriella ??!! Where are you my child ? It's time to sleep , querida ! "

Yelled Mamá Lola around the house , A middle aged woman with the responsibility of taking care of the children living in the Joel orphanage .

She was strict indeed , but there stood none other caretaker who was favoured by the little children . even with the firm look on her face , her heart was just as big and with Gabriella , she was more gentle for the small girl was so quiet .

" Where are you Cariño ? "

She yelled again , ambling down the stairs with her heavy gown and hoops swaying with the air . With a gentle slide as she swishes* her foot on the hickory wood , the first thing she saw downstairs was a girl curved up in a ball , hugging her knees and with her "Mr. Grumbles " , the teddy clutched tight in her soft hands .

" Oh cariño , are you okay ? Why is my little girl crying  ? "

Asked mamá Lola , taking the little girl in her arms and as she stood , those warm brown eyes were seeing her face , like she forgot something , something that Lola mustn't had .

" What is it mi amor ? Are you not feeling well today ? Don't worry , I will knit you a lovely doll tomorrow ..you will like it "

Replied the woman , starting at the stairs again with Gabriella tucked on her waist , and the teddy , pendulous from her grip .

" Mamá , you said " the visitors " will come on Sunday .....but they hadn't "

Lola frowned up at her words . they did tried for years to reach the man  , who left her at the orphanage but in vain, their attempts were miserably failed , so she thought that the family must had moved out to a safe place . They only needed just a visit , so Gabriella could be a little happy but all was lost and now she couldn't broke that little heart with the truth.

" My dear , I don't really think the visitors will come in the orphanage , I am sorry love , we tried to reach them .............."

" oh--how is it , a chocolate tommorow ? Mi ángel , don't you love choco ? "

Lola expected that she will resist or else she will cry that the visitors wouldn't arrive any day now but Gabriella just give her a moment of silence , digging her face in the crook of her scarlet neck .