Chapter 47

Greyson walked into his corner office to find Trick sitting in one of his guest chairs, with his feet kicked up onto his desk.

"Comfortable?" He questioned his Beta from the doorway.

"Grey! Welcome back!" Patrick didn't move a muscle at the sudden appearance of his Alpha.

Greyson simply sighed at his friend's antics and went to sit down behind his desk. His large desk was supported by four legs made from old ɪ beams recycled from a demolished bridge that had been on the property when the pack took over. The top of his desk was wrapped in sheet metal and buffed to a high gloss shine. He sank into the large executive office chair that he ordered specifically because it fit his tall frame. The guest chair that Patrick was currently lounging in was made by one of the pack's craftsmen. Each was carved from a single tree stump. The artisan respected the life of the tree and spent days finding a chair hidden within the wood. A twin chair sat directly to the left. In contrast to the whites of the rest of the outer office, Greyson chose to paint his personal office a dark charcoal color. His walls were decorated with framed black and white photos of members of the pack, the pack lands and the phases of the moon. This was where he needed to make decisions that affected every single member of the pack and he always wanted to have visual reminders of what was most important. He made a mental note to get a picture of his mate placed on his desk. He wanted to be able to look upon her face whenever the mood struck him.

Greyson scrubbed his hands over his face and looked at his second in command. "Alright, so how did it go last week?"

"Contrary to what you expected, the world did not come crashing down around our ears while you and your mate played house for a week." Patrick, reluctantly removed his feet from the desk and sat them on the floor. "I sent you a full recap of everything so you would be in the loop. The only thing not in the recap is the fact that Alpha Safa is in the conference room."

"You couldn't have told me that when I walked in?" Greyson stood up and buttoned his jacket. "What is she doing here anyway, the Alphas are due until tomorrow."

Patrick rose from his chair and prepared to follow his Alpha. "She said, and I quote, 'my Way has brought me here at the pleasure of the Moon Goddess.'"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Greyson led the pair down the hall to where he knew the other Alpha was waiting.

Patrick shrugged his shoulders. "Damned if I know."

"Care to join me in there?" Greyson was looking for backup.

"Not a chance, Big Guy." Patrick slapped his Alpha on the back before pivoting and heading in the opposite direction.

Entering the room, Greyson stood tall so he looked every inch of his six foot six inch height. There had been peace among all of the Known Packs for two hundred years, but that didn't mean he wanted to appear weak in front of another Alpha.

"Alpha Safa, I am honored that your Way has led you here." Greyson gave a slight, respectful nod of his head. They had met previously when he spent a few months with the pack in Arizona. He liked her enough, but found her always upbeat and chipper attitude a bit grating.

Alpha Safa beamed at Greyson. "Thank you, and I pray to Mother Moon that your Way is smooth." The female Alpha looked nearly exactly like a kindergarten teacher he had when he was five. The one his foster mother politely called 'pleasantly plump'. She stood about shoulder height to Greyson and had her completely grey hair styled with a low maintenance cut. She was dressed in a long, loose denim skirt that ended just below her knees. She paired the skirt with a light pink button up blouse that she hid under a frumpy purple sweater vest. Her bright blue eyes were slightly hidden behind a pair of round glasses.

Greyson motioned for her to take a seat at the long conference table. "What can I help you with? We weren't expecting you until the meeting tomorrow."

"Yes! The great unveiling! Everyone in my pack is very excited to see the treasures that you were able to bring back from the auction. But that isn't why I am here today."

"Oh? What brings you here all the way from Arizona?"

"Well, as you know, we are launching our latest product, Wolf Water, in a couple of months."

"Yes, the water that is extra hydrating and with vitamins and minerals?" Alpha Safa's pack made up most of the division of the company called Wolfe Wellness. It mostly focused on products for the healthcare industry, but were expanding into the health food market for humans. Greyson had read a couple of reports about the new product. He was still sketchy on all of the details, but it wasn't his place to comment.

Safa smiled at him like he earned an A on a pop quiz. "Very good. It is more than a multivitamin, it truly has nearly magical properties." She winked conspiratorially at him. "We're very excited about the launch. Which is what brings me here."

Greyson knew Safa well enough to know when she wanted something. It was clear to him by her tone that she was looking for a favor. He wasn't sure what he could offer her, but was willing to hear her out.

"My marketing people have determined our best entry to the market is with young people. Early 20s. They want to make a real splash for the launch," she paused to giggle at her own joke. "We are beginning to plan a two day music festival for the summer, but are having trouble booking a headliner." She let the sentence hang in the air, waiting for Greyson to catch the hint.

"I'm still not clear on how I can help." Greyson wasn't going to make it easy on her. It was all part of a good natured rivalry between the Known Packs.

Safa clasped her hands together on the table. "I was wondering if you would reach out to your contacts in the music industry. Specifically, GirlHead, and ask if they will perform."

Inwardly, Greyson groaned. Having the other Alpha owe him a big favor like this would be helpful. However, he was fairly certain Devon wouldn't answer his call. Rebecca was a different story. He just had to convince her to do him a favor. And it might just get Devon to speak with him again. It was at least an excuse to open communication.

He took a moment in responding. He wanted Safa to think he was struggling with the decision. "I'll see what I can do. GirlHead is very popular these days, I can't promise they will be available." He also couldn't promise Devon would even speak to him.

"Oh! That is wonderful, just wonderful!" She clapped her hands together in celebration. "Please let me know what you hear! I'll have someone email you all the details."

Greyson smiled his most charming smile. "Of course. Happy to help."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>