Chapter 3

"Dudes, we rock. That crowd out there was ready to worship us as gods!" Devon floated into the back-stage lounge on a rock and roll high.

Rebecca and Greyson looked at each other and burst out laughing. Kurt's lips curled into a half smile.

"What? What's so funny?" Devon cast a look at his friends.

"It was a good show, don't get me wrong. Things are definitely coming together, but there were only like twenty people out there, and I am pretty sure at least ten of them weren't even paying attention," Greyson tried to bring Devon back down to reality.

"Bullshit. In ten years, the people out there are going to be telling their friends that they were here and heard us before we took over the world," Devon dropped down onto the leather couch.

"How are we coming with our world changing album anyway?" Devon asked Greyson and Rebecca as he packed up his guitar.

"A couple of more songs and then I think we will be there. Actually, Becca wrote a really good song the other day," Greyson paused while putting his instrument away to look over at his writing partner.

"Doll Face? You didn't tell me you were working on something new. Can I hear it?" Devon turned to his girlfriend.

"No. It isn't ready yet," Her response was gruff. She was pissed that Greyson mentioned it in the first place. Trying to avoid the subject, she busied herself by collecting her belongings that had gotten strewn across the room, not making eye contact with anyone.

Devon walked over to his girlfriend, trying to get her attention. He made puppy dog eyes at her and stuck out his bottom lip in a pout.

"But Little Becca-Boo, I wanna hear it. Pleeeeeeese?" Rebecca refused to acknowledge his performance.

"Pleeeeeese, Little Becca-Boo?? Pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top?"

Once he was done begging, Rebecca put her hand on her hip, "Okay, I warned you about the Little Becca-Boo thing." She turned to Greyson and Kurt. "So, last year, we were out near-"

Rebecca's story was cut off when Devon put his hand over her mouth, while wrapping his other arm around her waist and pressing her back to his chest and lifting her off her feet.

"Alright, alright, you've proved your point. I don't think Grey and Kurt wanna hear about our adventures in stupidity."

"I don't know, I wouldn't mind hearing the story," Greyson was having a good time messing with his friends. Behind him, Kurt nodded his head.

"mmemhfffmmmmppmmm" Rebecca struggled against Devon's hold.

"And it seems like our Little Becca-Boo wants to tell the story," Greyson was impressed that even with Devon's hand over her mouth, Rebecca was able to send him a death glare.

Devon leaned his head down and whispered something in Rebecca's ear. Her eyes went wide, and she shook her head.

"Promise?" Devon asked loud enough so the rest of the room could hear.

"mmm-mmm," Rebecca said from behind Devon's hand while nodding her head in agreement. At her concession, Devon removed his hand from her mouth, but didn't set her down.

"Devon, we are going to need to have another conversation about what is and what is not appropriate behavior," Trying to look intimidating while dangling from his arms, Rebecca crossed her arms over her chest.

"Oh, are we?" Devon smirked and twisted Rebecca in his hold so that she was hanging upside down.

"DEVON!" She half shrieked; half laughed.