Chapter 30

Greyson shut the door behind the doctor before hiding the bottle of Xanax high up in a kitchen cabinet. He knew that if he could barely reach, there was no way Rebecca would accidentally find them. With that chore done, he headed back to his bedroom and the woman of his dreams. He found her staring blankly into her suitcase.

"Something wrong?" He asked from the doorway.

"Yes... No... I'm looking for something else to wear." She gestured to her dress. She normally wore it to the office. Every option in her suitcase was something she normally wore to the office. She had workout clothes and office clothes. The closet in her apartment held the occasional formal gown for charity balls or black-tie events. None of those options seemed appropriate for relaxing in the apartment of her old friend.

"I think I can help with that." Coming up behind her, he pulled down the zipper of her sheath dress. He then peeled the t-shirt off his own body before handing it to her. "Put that on."

"Greyson..." Rebecca didn't like the way it looked. Walking around in just his t-shirt. He can call her his mate all he wanted, that didn't mean she had to look like his live in sex-pot.

"Rebecca!" Greyson snapped. He scrubbed his hands over his face and looked down at his gift from Mother Moon. "Kama-Love," he began again, calmer this time. "We'll sort out some other clothes for you later. Right now, will you please just put that on?"

Rebecca huffed at him, but realizing it really was the best option, she pulled the too large shirt over her head. She wiggled out from her dress, letting it pool at her feet, before pushing her arms through the sleeves of the shirt. The neck hole slipped off one shoulder.

"Thank you," Greyson then stepped over to his love and picked her up bridal style.

Rebecca squealed as her feet left the ground. "Greyson! What're you doing?"

"I am taking charge of this situation." He plopped her down in the middle of the bed and crawled in next to her. "I have been waiting for you to open up to me. I've been waiting for you to let me in, even just a little bit." He pulled the blankets up over both of them and then pulled her to his side. "After this morning, it's clear that I can't wait for you. So..." With her still on her back, he laid on his side, his bent arm propping up his head. He tucked her up against his side and loomed over her, his hand laying possessively on her hip. His goal was to block out everything else, the apartment, the bedroom, any and all distractions to get her to talk. "You're going to talk to me, Rebecca. What the hell happened this morning? What the hell happened in the last ten years? Make me understand what is going on." While his words were harsh, his voice was gentle. He caressed the side of her face. He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips. He laid his body over hers and whispered in her ear. "Please, Kama-Love. Talk to me." He moved away slightly, just enough to give him room to look at her face.

Rebecca closed her eyes. She willed herself to relax. He was right. Like it or not, he was now mixed up in her personal life. Besides all of that, she wanted to tell him. She trusted him. Ten years may have passed since they last saw one another, but it felt like yesterday. She had always trusted him. The longer they were together like this, the harder it was to keep him at arm's length, the harder it was to not tell him all the things she vowed to never burden him with. She loved being this close to him, physically. She felt safe. She felt protected. She had the oddest desire to touch him, everywhere. To simply feel his skin against hers. She wanted to lay there, curled up next to him and pretend the rest of the world would just fade away. But that wasn't reality. Reality was, she was confused and scared.

Greyson waited patiently for Rebecca to gather her thoughts. He concentrated on trying to feel her through their mate bond. The last day or so, he had noticed the bond getting stronger. It wasn't how it was in Norway, but it was getting there. Having her here. In his apartment, In his bed. It was everything he had dreamt of and more. It was getting harder for him to not kiss her. He wanted to touch every inch of her skin. He wanted to drive all thoughts from her brain except for the pleasure he was bringing her. He wanted all of her. He didn't just want her body, he wanted her to open up to him. He wanted to hear about her day and listen to her hopes and dreams. He wanted to hear all the random thoughts that she kept to herself. He wanted to know what scared her. He wanted to know what made her laugh. He wanted to know what made her cry. His inner wolf was suffering as well. The desire to mark his mate was nearly overwhelming. Having her so close to him, and yet so far was a special kind of torture.