Opening Up

Request from @tessalucy

Third Person POV 

Third Person POV 

It had been a couple weeks since the death of May Parker and Peter Benjamin Parker hadn't said a word. Luckily though, Peter hadn't stayed in the foster home long, he had just been adopted by the Bartons and still hadn't said a word. I mean who could blame him? He was 12 years old and had lost his mom, dad, uncle and now his aunt. That's gotta be hard on anyone but a kid? That pain is unimaginable. 

They had just gotten to their house from running a few errands and Cooper, who was the same age as Peter, had shown where Peter was going to be staying. Peter said a "thank you" in a raspy voice, because of the lack of usage of his voice and then started to get settled in. 

Cooper was surprised, he had barley heard him talk. "Y-your welcome." He replied 

"No, I mean, thank you. Not many people would have taken in a kid who has lost everyone. A kid so broken. So thank you." Peter whispered. 

Cooper was shocked, but then regained himself and smiled. "No problem, I've always wanted a twin." He joked 

Peter smiled and Cooper started walking away, assuming that Peter needed space. Just as he got to the door Peter cried out "Wait!", Cooper paused and turned around, "Yeah?" 

"Could you maybe stay? I mean, if it's not a bother. I know I'm probably bothering you, I am sorry. You can go. Forget I said anything. Never mind." Peter started backtracking 

"Woah, don't worry. I can stay" Cooper said, walking back to Peter. He sat on the bed, knowing Peter just wanted some company, he didn't want someone to talk to him, Peter just wanted some company. 

"Thank you" Peter murmured. 

After a couple of minutes Cooper decided to try and talk to Peter, "So what's your favourite subject?" Cooper said, trying to break the ice. 

Peter looked surprised that Cooper was talking to him before he said "I like pre-bio-chem. But I also love pre-physics. What about you?" 

"Those are hard! Wow! I like History but nothing as cool as those." Cooper replied