13| Realization

Hermione and Ron had witnessed Diana use magic of her own before when she saved Harry but they didn't to to what extent her magic went, since Diana hadn't told them anything.

"Diana! What did you just do?" Ron asked. "You attacked a teacher!" Hermione said. "How did you do that?" Harry asked.

Diana ignored them all. "Tell me about Peter Pettigrew" Harry then said as he pointed Hermione's wand at Sirius Black.

"He was at school with us. We thought he was our friend" Lupin told Harry.

"No. Pettigrew's dead. You killed him!" Harry said and turned his attention back to Black.

"No, he didn't. I thought so too, until you mentioned Pettigrew on the map" Lupin said as he got in front of Black.

"Then, the map was lying" Harry said. "The map never lies!" Black said.

"Pettigrew's alive!" Black said. "Diana, mind showing your fellow classmates where. Seems you figured the whole puzzle out"  Lupin said.

"There" Diana said and pointed at Ron's rat. "The rat" she said.

"Scabbers has been in my family for..." Ron began but was but off by Diana, "He's an Animagus as well. Faked his death twelve years ago, all that was supposedly left was a finger after he was murder. And your rat is missing a toe, besides no rat lives twelve years".

"Brilliant, Diana. You might just happen to be the brightest witch of your age" Lupin congratulated Diana. 

Diana did appreciate it but after seeing Hermione's face, Diana felt guilty.

"Prove it. Prove it's an Animagus" Harry said. Black tried grabbing the rat from Ron's hand but Ron wouldn't budge. 

"Give it to him, Ron" Harry said.

"What are you going to do to him?" Ron asked as Black the snatched the rat from him. "Leave him alone! Get off him! What are you doing?" Ron cried as Hermione held him back.

"If you're wrong about this..." Hermione muttered to Diana. 

"She's not" Lupin and Black said in unison.

Black placed the rat on the piano and then tried shoot a spell at the rat, but it began running. It eventually ran through a hole in the wall and that's when Black was able to hit the rat with the spell, revealing Peter Pettigrew in the flesh.

Ron looked horrified, Hermione was shocked, and Harry didn't know what to feel.

"Remus? Sirius. My old friends!" Pettigrew said with fake excitement. Then tried running out but Black and Lupin stopped him. 

"Harry! Look at you. You look so much like your father but with your mother's eyes. James, we were best friends..." Pettigrew said.

"How dare you speak to Harry! And of Lily and James nonetheless, in front of him!" Black said angrily and scared Pettigrew to run and 'hide' behind the piano.

"You sold James and Lily to Voldemort!" Lupin said.

"I didn't mean to!" Pettigrew cried. "The Dark Lord, you have no idea the weapons he possesses!".

"As yourself, Sirius! What would you have done?" Pettigrew asked. "Died. I would have died, rather than betray my friends!" Black told him.

Pettigrew ran towards the door but Harry managed to block it. "Harry! James wouldn't have wanted me killed! Your dad would have spared me. He would have shown me mercy" Pettigrew told Harry.

"You don't deserve mercy" Harry told Pettigrew.

Black and Lupin pulled Pettigrew back. "Should have realized if Voldemort didn't kill you, we would. Together" Black said.