49| More suspicions

That Hogsmeade weekend the Golden four had been on their way to the village. Hermione had been complaining about how Harry's lack of judgement and dignity for keeping the Half Blood Prince's book was going to end up horribly, but that Harry had any intent on getting rid of it yet.

"You're obsessed with that book. You practically sleep with it and yet you have no desire to find out who this Half Blood Prince is" Hermione shook her head, like a disappointed mother. "I didn't say I wasn't curious. And I don't sleep with it" Harry sounded rather annoyed.

"She's not wrong. You carry it everywhere! I've seen you read it every night before you go to bed and I could have sworn I heard you talk to it" Ron told Harry.

"These two are obsessed with reading yet I've never seen either one so attached to a book" Ron signaled at Diana and Hermione, who practically glared at him. "I'd be careful, Diana, it seems like Harry's cheating on you with a bloody book" he informed Diana, who laughed slightly.

Harry grabbed Diana's hand and interlocked fingers, after hearing Ron's comment, which he feared could be true seeing as he did spend a lot of time with that book. Not that it was possible to cheat on a human being with an inanimate object.

"Well, I was curious so I went to-" Hermione said but her three friends cut her off "the library". To which Hermione scoffed and looked at the three people beside her, "and?" Harry asked. "And nothing. I couldn't find a reference to any Half Blood Prince" Hermione said.

"Well then that settles it" Harry shrugged. The four saw Flitwick talking to Slughorn subtly about going to the Three Broomsticks, to which Harry said, "anyone fancy a Butterbeer?". Hermione and Diana exchanged a glance while Ron opened his mouth to say something but instead stayed quiet.

While Hermione ordered the Butterbeers, Diana stood next to her looking around as she waited for Hermione to finish so they could go back to the table with Ron and Harry. Diana felt someone shove past her, as if they were in a rush. That someone turned out to be Draco Malfoy who seemed to be fleeing the shop rather suspiciously.

This caught Harry's attention and his theory of Malfoy being a Death Eater grew. As Hermione and Diana sat back down with the boys, Diana noticed Ron's disapproving glare. "What's wrong?" Diana asked.

"Slimy git" Ron muttered. Hermione and Diana turned around to see Dean and Ginny in a booth holding hands. "Honestly, Ronald, they are just holding hands" Hermione sighed. "Looks like a lot more than hand holding" Harry raised and eyebrow, Ron looked over and saw his sister kissing Dean and suddenly felt the urge to vomit.

"I would like to leave" Ron stood up abruptly. "What? You can't be serious" Diana said. "That happens to be my sister" Ron reminded her. "So? What if she looked over and saw you snogging me? Would you expect her to just get up and leave" Hermione blurted out.

'Bold, Mione. Bold' Diana thought as she tried hiding the grin that was forming on her face. Ron looked taken back at Hermione's outburst and looked to Diana for help understanding the hint Hermione threw at him, but Diana instead looked away and pretended not to notice.

While Diana looked around she saw Malfoy again, this time leading a girl outside. This somewhat worried Diana and she got up, "where are you going?" Hermione asked. "I just want to check something. I'll be right back" Diana said as she walked away and towards the back exit.

She didn't see anyone but decided to continue walking but instantly regretted it as she was blasted back against the wall of the Three Broomsticks. "What the hell?!" Diana said in frustration as she got up. "Why the hell are you following me?" Malfoy asked rather angry.

"I saw you drag some girl out here and I-" Diana didn't finish her sentence before he cut her off, "where you jealous? Because I thought you had a boyfriend" Malfoy teased as if they were thirteen.