19| You must be joking

"Dragons? You must be joking" Diana said as a response to Ron telling her the first task.

"That's why I needed Harry to go with Hagrid" Ron told her. "Why not tell him yourself? Could help end this silly argument" Hermione said as she finished writing her potions essay. "Well, he should already know by now so it doesn't  matter" Ron huffed.

"How did you even know there would be dragons?" Diana asked.

"Charlie had to bring them in from Romania and well I so happened to be eavesdropping on his conversation with Bill and mum" Ron told her.

"How's your essay going?" Ron asked changing the subject. "Great, I just finished" Hermione beamed. "And you, Diana?" Ron asked as he turned to the Bennett witch. "I'm drafting my conclusion so Hermione can check it, then I'll be done" Diana told him.

"How far along are you, Ronald?" Hermione asked with a slight glare. "I've started it" Ron said. 

"It's due in two days!" Hermione exclaimed. "Exactly" Ron said, Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Due in two days means do in two daysin the Weasley dictionary" Ron told Hermione, she simply rolled her eyes and began reading Diana's conclusion.

"I'd smack you on the head with that dictionary then have you read a real one" Hermione said.

"Has anyone ever told you guys that you fight like an old married couple?" Diana asked.

Ron and Hermione glared at her then simultaneously hit her with the pillows that were on the Gryffindor couch. 

"Rude" Diana said as she fixed her curly brunette hair. 

~~~

The next day after Harry found out about the dragons he was more or less angry that Ron hadn't told him. It also didn't help that someone had made badges that said 'Support Cedric Diggory- the REAL Hogwarts champion'.

"Dragons. That's the first task. They've got one for each of us" Harry told Cedric, as the two distanced themselves from Cedric's Hufflepuff friends.

"Are you serious?" Cedric asked in disbelief, also confused on why Harry would be sharing the information with his 'competition'. 

"So, Fleur and Krum, do they know?" Cedric asked. "Yes, they are aware" Harry said and began walking away when Cedric stopped him, "about the badges, I've asked them not to wear them" he told Harry. 

"Don't worry about it" Harry shrugged and continued walking. Until he saw Diana, Ron, and Seamus walking and Harry thought it was the best idea to go up to them.  "You're a real foul git, you know that?" Harry asked Ron.

"Think so?" Ron asked without a care in the world. "I know so" Harry told him, "anything else?" Ron asked unamused. 

"Yeah, stay away from me" Harry told Ron. "Fine" Ron said and walked past him, purposely shoving him to the side.

Seamus followed Ron and Diana stood there for a moment as she was about to follow after Ron but Harry grabbed her forearm and dragged her with him.

"We have to talk" Harry told her. "There's nothing I want to say to you right now" Diana told him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that about your dad. It was insincere and rude, I had no right to say that. I know if you are anyone said that about my parents I'd be pretty mad too. I am really sorry" Harry told Diana.

Diana's brown eyes met with Harry's green ones and for a split second it seemed like time stopped. "I forgive you, but this doesn't mean we are back to being friends" Diana told him, he looked confused.