46| Amortentia

~Beginning of sixth year~

"You lied to me! You lied to me for months!" Diana shouted at Caroline and Damon. "Diana, please let me explain" Caroline said. "No, no, no. I don't want to hear it, Caroline. You had been writing me letters pretending to be my mother. And yet Bonnie Bennett is still in an unexplainable coma! I can't believe was stupid enough to believe that" Diana said, not shouting but in an above average tone.

"I would have kept getting visions. How the hell have I-" Diana stammered but stopped and looked up at Caroline and Damon who had guilty looks on their faces. "Freya. You had her do something... you had her mess with my head?!" she was back to shouting.

"We didn't want you to worry" Damon said. "So instead you lied to me... you know what's funny? In one of my visions you refused to lie to me because you supposedly cared about me as if I was your daughter. Good to know my visions aren't accurate" Diana said coldly as she walked out of the house.

"Tell him, Diana" Hermione said and snapped Diana out of her thoughts. "I'm sorry, what?" Diana asked. "Are you okay?" Harry asked. "Just revisiting memories I guess" Diana sighed.

"What's this argument even about?" Ron finally asked. "Harry is under the impression Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater" Hermione told Ron, who didn't hesitate to say, "you're barking! What? You think You-Know-Who would want someone like Malfoy?".

"If he'd want Malfoy's father then it's not too far of a stretch" Diana told Ron. "Exactly. What do you think he was doing in Borgin and Burkes? Shopping for furniture?" Harry asked sarcastically but also with a tone of seriousness. 

"It's a creepy shop, he's a creepy bloke" Ron shrugged. "Diana, please talk some sense into him" Hermione said. "I'd rather not take sides" Diana said, earning glares from all of them. "Alright, alright. Well I think you're all right and you're all wrong" Diana shook her head.

"Look, It's not completely off the table that Malfoy could or could not be a Death eater. But we have no proof that he is. So until we get some solid proof and not just him hanging in some creepy store with a cabinet. Is it possible because of his father? Yes. But we are not our parents. Everyone has a choice in everything, even if it's an ultimatum. I hardly doubt he'd become one by choice. He might be a self absorbed jerk but he's not evil, even if he had that mark on his arm, you don't know the story behind why he would have it" Diana told her friends.

"That was the most controversial statement I've ever heard come out of your mouth. But in all fairness, I agree" Ron told Diana. Harry though was all black and Hermione was all white on the situation.

"I need some air" Harry said as he got up and grabbed his invisibility cloak and left the compartment. "He's gonna go spy on Malfoy" Diana shook her head. "How do you know?" Hermione asked. "Who goes to get air with an invisibility cloak after a heated discussion?" Diana simply said as she reached over and grabbed her book from her bag and began reading.

~~~

"He's still not here" Diana mumbled as her and Hermione stared anxiously at the entrance of the Great Hall. "I knew one of us should have went to go find him. That's the last time I listen to you" Diana said and hit the fork out of Ron's hand. 

"I was hungry! I didn't want to wait" Ron said as he continued eating. Hermione rolled her eyes and grabbed her book from beside her. "Will. You. Stop. Eating. Your best friend is missing" Diana said in between hits.

"Oi, turn around you lunatics" Ron said. Hermione and Diana turned to see harry walking towards them. "Where have you been? What happened to your face?" Hermione asked Harry, who had blood on his face.