67| Snatchers

tw: attempted suicide

"You're not still mad at him, are you?" Harry asked Hermione as the four friends had almost made it to Xenophilius's house. "I'm always mad at him" Hermione responded.

Harry then looked to Diana who seemed to be looking extra dull and unamused. "What's wrong?" Harry asked her, Hermione turned to see Diana and come to the same question as Harry, "what's wrong?" she asked. Diana shook her head, "nothing" she lied and began walking at a slightly quicker pace.

Truth be told everything was wrong. She missed her mom, dad, Caroline, the twins, she even missed Damon's nick name for her and how he'd tell her stories of him and Bonnie when they were in the prison world.

Diana remembered Rebekah's blood and walked over to Ron. "Where's the blood you stole when you left New Orleans?" Diana asked, Ron pulled out seven vials of blood. "There were eight" Diana remembered. "I had to drink a vial when the snatchers had shown up" Ron said and continued walking.

Diana pulled out her vial of Rebekah's blood, the only vial she had kept in her pocket for emergencies. Diana drank the vial and then stood still for a moment. "Now or never, right?" she asked herself as she pulled a pocket knife out of her bag and aimed the blade at her wrists.

Diana had tried to slit her wrists in order to die and come back a vampire, or in her case a heretic seeing as she was Enzo's daughter as well. Diana wasn't sure if it was because she was to slow at cutting or because she was drinking the blood of an Original but she wasn't dying but instead healing.

Diana tried to cut her neck but the same thing happened, she just healed. Diana wasn't sure how else to do the death part of it all seeing as she was walking through the middle of no where with no one else around. But she then stopped herself from doing anything else when she realized if she successfully died and came back she'd be in transition and with no humans around she wouldn't be able to feed.

The four made it to the doorstep of the Lovegood household. Xenophilius let the teenagers in and gave them each a cup of tea, Hermione then broke the silence. "Where's Luna?" Hermione asked. Xenophilius seemed bothered by this question, "she'll be along" he answered.

Hermione then begun reading her book out loud as she wanted answers on the symbol she kept seeing. She read about what was called the Deathly Hallows. The Invisibility Cloak, Resurrection Stone, and the Elder Wand. The three objects that made up the symbol that had been showing up on countless occasions.

"Together they make the Deathly Hallows. Whoever possess the three objects becomes the Master of Death" Xenophilius told Harry and his friends.

Diana seemed to have been the only one tuned out for the time being. She was more focused on Xenophilius's strange behavior. "Is there something wrong?" Diana asked the Lovegood, who shook his head a little too quickly to seem normal.

"Who did you say you were again?" he asked Diana. "Diana Bennett" she answered, her friends just as confused as she was. "Aurelia Bennett's descendent" Xenophilius muttered to himself, barely audible.

Diana focused hard enough to the point where she could hear a whooshing noise heading their way. "Death Eaters!" Diana warned her friends, and not a second too late as the friends jumped on the ground the second the house got invaded by Death Eaters.

Hermione let out a scream as the glass in the house broke and the black smoke surrounded them. Just as it did back in New Orleans when Diana and Ron had been there. Spells had been shooting at anything trying to get one of the four kids, but failing.

"Ignarious" Diana said and shot fire up as a distraction. "Come on!" Hermione shouted so that Diana knew to hold onto the port key. She did just that and suddenly the four where back in the forest.