18| Argument

"That sounds utterly annoying. I would have left if it were me" Diana sad, Harry had told her about his conversation/interview with the annoying journalist Rita Skeeter.

"I wish I could have left. It was uncomfortable and weird" Harry said, he then sighed as Ron and Hermione passed by them, Ron not batting an eye. 

"I know you are the closest with Hermione... you can go with her and Ron if you want" Harry told Diana.

"I'm not leaving you. It wouldn't be fair to you. Besides, Ron's being a big baby about this whole thing. Hermione and I have been telling him to get over it, especially since you didn't want any of this but he's stubborn".

The two of them made their way to the Owlery, Harry awaited for a letter from Sirius. When he received it he read it and was more or less confused on how he'd meet with Sirius, but he didn't question it. 

"I've noticed you getmail from your family but yet it's never sent by owl, how do you get your mail?" Harry asked as he folded his letter and put it in his pocket.

"Keeping tabs on me, Potter?" Diana asked.

"No! No, I mean- not exactly?" Harry said and Diana laughed "I was kidding. My family, friends, and I have our own way of sending each other mail". 

"Is it gonna be in your explanation that Hermione, Ron, and I are still waiting for?" Harry asked with a slight grin. "Most likely, yes. But it's pretty simple, we use magic" Diana shrugged.

~~~

On Saturday, Harry was in the Gryffindor common room at the exact hour Sirius wanted to meet. He walked down and waited approximately a minute before Sirius Black's face appeared in the fire. 

"Sirius? How-" Harry began, it seems he forgets he's in a school for magic.

"I don't have much time, so let me get straight to it. Did you or did you not put your name in the goblet of fire?" Sirius asked rather quickly.

"No!" Harry exclaimed as he was tired of answering that same question. 

"Shh" Sirius said trying to get Harry to lower his voice. "I had to ask" Sirius told Harry. "Now, tell me about this dream of yours. You mentioned Wormtail and Voldemort, who was the third man in the room?".

"I don't know" Harry said truthfully. "And, you didn't hear a name?" Sirius asked almost in disbelief. 

"No... um, Voldemort was giving him a job to do, something important" Harry said. "And what was that?" Sirius asked, "he wanted me" Harry said slowly. 

"I don't know why, but he was going to use this man to do something to me... I mean, it was only a dream, right?".

"Yes... just a dream" Sirius said as he looked around, not making any eye contact. Their conversation went on for a little while longer until it was cut off by Ron. He walked down the stairs, and looked skeptical.

"Who're you talking to?" Ron asked as he looked around the room. "Don't see Diana or Hermione around here" Ron said under his breath.

"What? Who said I was talking to anyone?" Harry asked. "I heard voices, plural" Ron told him. "Maybe you're imagining things. Wouldn't be the first time" Harry told him.

"You were probably practicing for your next interview" Ron muttered as he walked back up to the boys dormitory. 'Why even bother? For once, Hermione's wrong. Harry seems to be doing fine without me' Ron thought as he opened the door to his room.

~~~

Harry and Neville were hanging out by the water the next day. Harry was listening to Neville go on and on about some plant that Harry could care less about. 

'Where is she? Maybe she's with Hermione... but Hermione's on Ron watch today' Harry thought to himself. Hermione and Diana would switch hanging out with the boys every other day while they remained in their argument. And today was Hermione's day with Ron, soHarry was curious on where Diana was.

"Why do I have to do it?" Hermione asked as Ron wanted her to speak to Hermione for him.

Diana and Ginny walked behind the pair and exchanged looks. Although Hermione had told Diana that Ginny still had feelings for Harry it didn't make her avoid Ginny. Ginny way like her and Hermione's little sister. Although GInny was such a badass witch at thirteen that it was more like Hermione was her little sister.

"Why don't you just go and talk to him yourself?" Diana and Hermione spoke at the same time. 

"Please, Hermione" Ron said. Hermione scoffed and this caught Harry's attention. He turned around and saw his friends. When Hermione didn't say anything GInny simply shoved her forward.

"Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him, that Dean was told by Parvati, that Hagrid's looking for you" Hermione told Harry. 

"Is that right? Well- what?" Harry asked. Hermione walked back over to Ron and shrugged, Ron glared at Harry then turned to Diana and gave her a look. "I'm not getting involved" Diana said. "Please" Ron said quietly.

"Alright, go on" Ron told Hermione after a brief moment. "Dean was told by Parvati that- please don't make me say it again" Hermione told Harry.

"Hagrid's looking for you. That's what Ron wanted to tell you, that Hagrid is looking for you" Diana told him when Hermione didn't. Ron and Ginny were surprised out the outburst. Hermione turned to them and signaled for them to go. They started walking away afterwards leaving Hermione and Diana.

"This is ridiculous. I am not an owl that will be sending messages back and forth. And it not fair to Diana or I to be having to hang out with you two on different days because you two are arguing. He misses you and you miss him, so do everyone a favor and make up already" Hermione told Harry.

Hermione then turned to Diana with an apologetic look and walked after the Weasley siblings. "Do you agree with her?" Harry simply asked. "Well of course I do. It isn't fair that-" Diana began but was cut off by Harry "then go".

"Excuse me?" Diana asked getting frustrated. "If you agree with Hermione and are going to be hanging out with Ron instead of me then go" Harry shrugged.

"I told you before, I'm not leaving you-" Diana tried saying but was cut off again "I'm telling you, Bennett, to leave me alone".

"But I-" she tried but once again was cut off "go hang out with Ron and Hermione. Or don't. Do whatever else you do in your free time. Like, I don't know, write letters to dear old dead dad".

"Yeah, Hermione told me" Harry said. Neville had been watching this all play out and he said "Harry, that's enough. You're going to far".

"No, no, he's right. I'll leave you alone, Potter. Not surprising that you push away your friends" she told him.

"Since when are we friends?" Harry asked almost like a statement.

"I would have thought it would be since the day I used my magic to save you from plummeting to your death. Or maybe when I gave Hermione the idea to use her time turner to fix everything. Or maybe even when I tried telling you about Sirius Black but you refused to believe me!".

Harry was left speechless. 

"Or maybe just maybe... It was when-" Diana said but stopped. "What? What else could you have possibly done?" Harry asked. "When I used my  magic, almost exposing myself, may I add, to save you from the fucking dragon!" she shouted not even caring that Neville heard her. 

She trusted Neville, even if the two never really hung out. She knew he was trustworthy.

"I guess none of that was worth it... I don't understand why I even bothered trying to become friends with you. I would have been fine with just Hermione" Diana muttered as she then walked away.

'Lost Ron and now Diana too. What the hell is wrong with me?' Harry thought as he mentally face palmed.