15| Possible wedding

Summer before fourth year.

A/N- You won't read about anything that happened during the Quidditch World Cup. The Golden Trio will explain it to Diana in the next chapter. This is for more of an inside on Diana's home life, meaning The Vampire Diaries related content.

"Diana Aubrey Bennett, you get out of bed this instant!" Lizzie Saltzman said as she pounded on Diana's bedroom door.

Diana groaned, knowing she'd have to get up and unlock the door for her best friend. Diana, Lizzie, and Josie weren't related in any way but they classified themselves as cousin's since the Saltzman twins call Diana's mom 'Aunt Bonnie' and Diana calls the twin's mom 'Aunt Caroline'.

"My goodness, Liz. Do you know what time it is?" Diana said as she opened the door to her excited best friends.

"Don't know and don't care" Lizzie told her as she made her way into Diana's room.

"It's seven in the morning. Bonnie let us in" Josie told her cousin as she made her way inside as well.

"Seven in the morning on a Saturday while on Summer vacation... You two better have a good reason to-" Diana began but was cut off by the twins.

"We think our mom might be getting remarried" Lizzie and Josie blurted out.

Diana looked at them wide eyed. "You're joking" Diana said as she sat down at her desk and awaited for more answers.

"Nope" Lizzie said as she popped the 'p'.

"How do you know?" Diana asked. "Last night we heard dad talking in his office about mom and then Klaus Mikaelson came up and so did wedding details" Josie told her.

"Klaus Mikaelson and Caroline Forbes?! Getting married!?" Diana said with excitement.

"Potentially... but we aren't certain. But now I think your entire neighborhood knows after that scream" Lizzie told Diana.

"That's insane. My mom told me how in love Klaus was with your mom. But when did they start dating?" Diana asked. "Well after Stefan passed away it was hard for mom. She didn't even bat an eye to a single guy for three years. Afterwards when Klaus's daughter got enrolled at the school, Klaus and our mom reconnected and I guess they started secretly dating" Josie told Diana.

"It was really hard on everyone after Stefan's passing. Especially Damon and Caroline. Rebekah and Klaus were also hurt by Stefan's death. I was surprised at that if I'm being completely honest. But Rebekah loved Stefan once and Stefan was Klaus's best friend for a while so I get it. Must have been hard for them as well" Diana said.

The three girls talked more and more about Klaus and Caroline's supposed wedding. Bonnie had been down stairs in the kitchen, she heard what they were saying earlier on. "Oh, Enzo... if only you were here to hear our daughter's laugh and see her excitement" Bonnie sighed as she pulled a photograph of her and Enzo close to her.

Later that day after the three girls were dresses and ready for the day they rushed downstairs. "Mom, is it okay if we go out? We'll just be walking around the town square and getting iced coffee at the Mystic Grill" Diana said.

"Go right ahead. I have to go to work so I'll see you three later. Oh, and please don't cause any trouble this time. I don't want to receive a call from Matt Donovan saying that he has my daughter and my nieces in the back of his cop car" Bonnie said.

"It was last summer, and it was one milkshake incident" Lizzie told her.

"Besides the point Elizabeth. Please, Josette you are the mom of the group... make sure to stay out of trouble, please" Bonnie told Josie. Josie nodded and Bonnie smiled at the girls. "Have fun" Bonnie said as the girls walked out.