74| Switching sides?

Diana walked out of the Great Hall and saw Hermione and Ron sitting on the stairs, holding hands as they talked subtly. "Where's Harry?" Diana asked, Ron and Hermione looked up, "We don't know. We kind of lost him after he ran past us" Ron answered. 

Diana looked confused, to which Hermione explained that Snape was dead and that he gave Harry a tear so he could go through his memories. Diana had forgotten she was dead while they had done this.

She walked up to them and sat down next to Hermione. The bushy haired girl stuck her wrist out, "I know you have to feed in order to become a full vampire-heretic" Hermione said.

"Mione," Diana said but Hermione nodded, with that Diana's vampire fangs grew in and she bit into her best friend's wrist, only drinking enough blood to transition fully without hurting Hermione.

When that was said and done with Diana's eyes glowed blue, she had vampire veins, and fangs. Hermione and Ron exhaled and a slight smile formed on their faces. "I can no live to say that my best friend is a vampire" Ron joked.

This little moment dialed down when Harry came walking down the stairs. The trio looked up at him, and although it seemed like everything had been going fairly well, seeing as everyone lived thanks to the Mikaelson's blood, Harry had a slight look of fear in his eye.

"Where have you been?" Hermione asked as she stood up to look at Harry. "We thought you'd have gone to the Forbidden Forest" Ron said, Harry shook his head, "I'm going there now" Harry said as he walked past his friends.

"Are you mad? No. You can't give yourself up to him. After everything, you want to give up? Everyone here got to live, you won't be the exception" Diana told him. "I have to be. That's the only way that-" Harry cut himself off as he turned back around. 

"What? What do you know, Harry?" Hermione asked. "There's a reason I can hear them, the Horcruxes. I think I've known for a while... and I think you have too" Harry said as he refused to look anyone in the eyes.

"I'm afraid I don't follow" Ron said. "Harry's a Horcrux... he has to die in order for Voldemort to get closer to mortality" Diana told Ron. Hermione began crying and shook her head, "I'll go with you" she told Harry.

Harry shook his head. "Kill the snake. Kill the snake and then it's just him" Harry told his friends, but mainly Diana. Diana rushed up to him and hugged him as Hermione stepped back and hugged Ron as she hated the idea.

Harry pulled away from the hug and then walked away, not wanting to turn around to even glance at his friends because he knew if he did then he'd change his mind. 

Hermione whipped her tears away and sighed. "He'll be back, won't he?" Ron asked. "He's got to have something planned he's not telling us" Ron tried convincing himself more than the girls. "There's always a loophole?" Ron mumbled to himself as he knew Diana always told him that.

Diana turned to Ron and hugged him. Deep down Diana knew there was the tiniest possibility that Harry could cheat death once more but she didn't want to say anything in case her gut feeling was wrong. 

~~~

It had been a while yet there was no sound coming from outside. Everyone had been in the Great Hall. Most of the Mikaelsons had left back to New Orleans, they had done all they could by killing multiple Death Eaters and also using their blood to save everyone back to life or simply heal their injuries.

The only two that remained were Rebekah and Marcel who only stayed for Diana. The silence didn't last long though as Diana's vampire hearing could hear Voldemort and what was left of his Death Eaters walking back towards the castle.

Marcel and Rebekah heard it as well and stood up, "trouble's on its way back" Marcel warned. "If you were previously dead or severely injured but our blood cured you, stay here. We don't want anyone to get killed out there seeing as now vampire blood won't work for any of you" Rebekah said, everyone nodded and only those who hadn't "died" during the war went outside to see what was going on.

Diana noticed Hagrid had been carrying something. Diana tilted her head slightly only to realize that was a person, and that person was Harry Potter. "Harry Potter... is dead!" Voldemort chanted gladly. Diana let out a scream of pain as she tried vamp speeding over to where Voldemort was but Marcel stopped her.

Diana covered her mouth with her hand as Rebekah pulled Diana back and hugged her. "Stupid girl. Harry Potter is dead. Unless you would like to join him like you were supposed to, I suggest you shut it" Voldemort said, this had Marcel about to vamp speed up to the antagonist but Rebekah stopped him.

"From this day forward, you put your faith in me" Voldemort told everyone before turning around to tell his remaining Death Eaters, "Harry Potter is dead!", to which the people dressed in all black laughed. 

"And now is the time you declare your self" Voldemort turned back to everyone who was standing on the good guy side. "Come forward and join us" Voldemort said, no one moved. There wasn't even a hint of hesitation.

Only then did Voldemort realize a certain blonde Slytherin who had been on the Hogwarts side. "Draco" Lucius said and signaled for him to walk over, but he didn't move. "Draco!" Lucius said again, still no movement from his son.

"Draco, come" Narcissa said rather calmly. It was only at his mother's request did he hesitate.He felt as though he had no choice in the matter. He was about to take a step forward when he saw Diana standing a few people in front of him. 

Seeing her reminded him of what he had told her multiple times; 'You always have a choice' he thought to himself as he remembered Diana telling him this before. With that in mind he walked over to his parents. Not many people were surprised by this, Diana was the only one unamused.  

Neville had given a speech but Diana tuned it out, even with her vampire hearing she didn't listen to a single word. The only thing that snapped her out of her lala land was when Diana heard a similar voice shout "Potter!".

Diana looked up to see Draco Malfoy throwing his wand to harry, who had just came back to life miraculously. Once Harry caught the wand he shot spells at Voldemort as Draco ran back to the Hogwarts side.

Harry then started running away while simultaneously blasting counter spells to block the curses and spells being shot at him by Voldemort. Everyone started running back inside the castle as the Death Eaters started vanishing, as they too knew this was only going end poorly for them.