61| Her

"This must be the R.A.B from the note" Ron said the next morning after Diana told the trio about the name she discovered upstairs.

To the Dark Lord,
I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, be mortal once more.
R.A.B.

"Must have been a Death Eater who went rogue. He figured out Voldemort's weakness and took it upon himself to try and turn him mortal once more" Diana mumbled. "If Voldemort truly is immortal, are we certain that we could even kill him?" Ron asked in more a mumble.

"No one is truly immortal. There's always loopholes. The Horcruxes are the loophole in this case. We find all of them, destroy them, and Voldemort is back to his mortal self" Diana reminded the red head.

A subtle scoff was heard along side a slight thump. Harry put his finger over his lips to signal for them to be quiet. He then stood up and opened the door to what seemed to be the pantry. "What have you been spying on us?" Harry asked the house elf who made his way out of the closet.

"Kreacher has been watching, yes" Kreacher said. "Bennett is similar to Master Black" Kreacher mumbled, "what did you just say?" Harry asked the house elf, in a more demanding tone.

"You are the house elf for the Black family, aren't you?" Diana asked, no response. "Meaning you worked for Regulus Black. You know where the real Horcrux is, don't you? Or, at least who has it" Diana put two and two together.

Hermione stared at Diana, a slight grin appearing on her face. Harry grabbed the fake Horcrux off the table and showed it to Kreacher. "Do you know what this is?" Harry asked in the same tone. "That is Master Regulus's locket" Kreacher said. "There were two of them, weren't there? Where's the other one?".

"Kreacher doesn't know where Master's locket is" he muttered. "Yes, but did you see it? Was it in this house?" Hermione asked. "Kreacher doesn't answer to dirty little mudbloods! Rot in hell Mudblood" Kreacher sneered, having Ron grab the nearest kitchen utencil and try charging at the house elf, Hermione stopping him from doing so.

"Answer her" Harry demanded. "Yes. It was here, in this house" Kreacher seemed to stretch out his words. "Before Master Regulus died he order Kreacher to destroy it. No matter how much Kreacher tried he could not do it" he explained.

"Where is it now? Did someone take it?" Ron asked, Kreacher only glared at Ron. "He came. Inn the night, he came. Took many things.... including the locket" the house elf mumbled. "Who? Who was it?" Harry asked.

Diana seemed to have lost her balance for a moment, Hermione made sure she didn't fall. Kreacher looked over at Diana, tilted his head, and then turned back to Harry. Mumbling a name, which Harry then told Kreacher to go find that very person.

~~~

Hours passed and Hermione had gotten bored and was trying to teach Ron how to play the piano. While Harry observed his Golden Snitch and Diana read Amelie in Wonderland for the hundredth time. "Don't you ever get tired of reading the same book over and over again? I swear you've read Amelie in Wonderland a hundred times" Harry asked Diana.

"It brings me comfort and some sense of sanity when I read it" Diana mumbled. Just at that moment muffling was heard and the Golden four sprung up and went to see if that had been Kreacher.

Not only had Kreacher been there but Dobby as well, coming in with who supposedly stole the real locket. Diana watched as the trio and both house elves surrounded the man, wanting answers.

"I'd tell the full truth if I were you. If not, you'll have to deal with some firey consequences" Ron said, as he subtly looked over to Diana. "What are you talking about?" the man asked, the trio turning to Diana. "Was it not brought up that I can start fires with my mind?" Diana asked as she tilted her head slightly.

With that being said the man told them everything they needed to know. And the next thing they knew, Hermione, Harry, and Ron had taken Polyjuice and turned into members of the Ministry of Magic while Diana cloaked herself with her usual invisibility spell.

"This is mental" Harry muttered. "Absolutely so" Hermione agreed. "Let's try and get out of here alive. Lord knows this won't be our hardest challenge" Ron mumbled, to which his friends agreed.

~~~

To neither of the four's surprise they ended up running. Running from the guards who had been chasing after the four who managed to steal back the Horcrux that had been previously hanging around Dolores Umbridge's neck.

"Ventus" Diana mumbled and a torrent of wind blasted most of the guards back. Hermione and Diana made it to a fire place and were able to escape using the Floo network. Harry shot a couple more spells before diving into the fire place and escaping. Ron on the other hand had gotten injured while making a run for it.

The four made it to a forest, more or less an open field with trees surrounding them. "Harry! Harry, quickly. My bag has dittany" Hermione exclaimed as she saw Ron's injury. Harry used Accio to get the dittany and handed it to Hermione, who carefully put it on Ron's arm.

Diana looked through her bag as she tried to find her vials of vampire blood, knowing it would fully heal Ron and make things ten time easier. Diana let out a slight yelp as she had grabbed the broken vials of blood, the glass cutting her hand while a bigger piece of it was stuck in the middle of her hand.

"Damn it" Diana muttered. Hermione and Harry looked over to Diana but as they didn't see anything, they turned back to Ron who had stopped shaking. Diana slowly pulled out the piece of glass from her hand and took out the rest of the glass shards, cutting herself over and over again. She managed to get all the broken glass out of her bag and simply burned it all.

'So much for vampire blood. The fall broke all vials, if not that them probably earlier in the cafe' Diana thought as she watched Hermione do the protective enchantments. She then walked over to where Ron had been barely conscious on the ground, Harry sitting beside the red haired boy. Neither Harry nor Diana spoke. She rested her hair on Harry's shoulder, him slightly stroking her hair, they knew they were broken up but it didn't look or feel that way. 

'I still love you' Harry thought to himself as he could see the Bennett girl in the corner of his eye. 

Harry Potter had two things on his mind; finding the Horcruxes and destroy them. As much as he tried to avoid it, he couldn't ignore what he was feeling. He loved her, and the only thing he wanted other than winning this Wizarding war... was her.