17| Fourth champion

It had now become time to draw the names from the Goblet of Fire. Diana sat next to Harry, behind Ron and Hermione. Diana and the others were excited to see who would be the Hogwarts champion. And as per usual, not thinking much of anything else that could possibly be occurring this school year.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the selection of the champions" Dumbledore said out to the entire Great Hall. He dimed the candle light and stepped forth towards the goblet. Everyone watched as the blue flames turned a pinkish red color and threw out the first name.

"The Durmstrang champion, Viktor Krum" Dumbledore announced. The students from that school cheered although it sounded more like a rehearsed grunt and then cheer.

"Champion for Beauxbatons, Fleur Delacour" he then announced after reading the Beauxbatons slip of paper. Everyone cheered for the beautiful blonde girl as she made her way to where the selected champions go.

It finally came down to the last champion. "The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore announced and cheers and clapping filled the room for a third time, especially from the Hufflepuffs.

Dumbledore began his speech, per usual. Only difference is he was cut off when the flames of the goblet beamed red once more. A piece of paper shot out from the goblet, Dumbledore grabbed it and read the name as more of a mutter.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore than shouted. All heads turned towards Harry but Harry remained seated. "HARRY POTTER" Dumbledore than yelled.

"Go on, Harry. You must" Hermione said as she ushered Harry up.

Harry turned to Diana. "Go, you have to" Diana told him. Harry then began walking to the front of the room awkwardly. Diana turned around and saw Ron's expression. He looked furious. When he caught a glimpse of Diana he saw her shake her head and mouth the words 'It wasn't him. I'll figure it out'.

Ron nodded slightly but still looked angry. 

~~~

While Harry was with the other of age selected champions, Diana was in the common room trying to talk some sense into Ron Weasley.

"Do you honestly think he would want this?" Diana asked. "Yes" Ron muttered and Diana hit him with a pillow.

"He gets enough attention as it is, he doesn't need more. Especially since it was clear he didn't put his name in the goblet. He had the same reaction everyone else did" Diana told Ron. "Not to mention the obvious but this tournament is as dangerous as hell itself. He's fourteen competing with seventeen year old wizards and itches that are more experienced then he is. Had he done this himself, which he didn't, then he would have been signing his own death certificate" Diana went on as Ron sat there listening to her every word. 

"But I-" Ron said, "shut up and let me finish" Diana snapped.

"You are his best friend, he would have told you if he was planning on putting his name in the goblet. Besides he's not even seventeen so he wouldn't be able to put his name in and I doubt that anyone of age would put Harry Potter's name in the goblet" she finally finished and the was out of breath for a few moments.

"You are just saying that because you fancy him" Ron simply said.

"Did you seriously not just listen to a word I just said?!" she asked, clearly frustrated at her friend's childish behavior.

"I heard everything but I wasn't listening" Ron told her.

"Ronald Bilius Weasley, need I remind you that I can start fires with my mind" Diana told him furiously.