27| One dance

"What the hell?" Diana asked as she woke up in her bed in the Gryffindor girls dormitory. "God damn it" Diana muttered as she put a black zip up hoodie on. She knew exactly what had happened. 'Caroline had Freya send me back... Now I can't go back to New Orleans since my magic isn't as powerful as one of a Mikaelson witch' Diana thought as she left the room and headed towards the Great Hall where the Yule Ball was being held.

When she made it down the steps she heard Ron and Hermione arguing. "The enemy? Are you seriously going there?" Hermione asked in disbelief as they stormed out of the Great Hall. "Yeah, yeah I am. He's way to old for you-" Ron tried saying but was cut off by Hermione "too old for me? Is that what you think?".

"Yeah, that's exactly what I know" Ron told her. "Since when are you my father?" Hermione said with an eye roll. "You're the one who was practically begging Diana to come to the ball with you and in the last minute she ditched you and had you come with some good for nothing Hufflepuff" Hermione said angrily.

"What does Diana have to do with any of this?" Ron asked. "My goodness you are so annoying. If you are going to be all jealous that I came to the dance with someone else just pluck up the courage to ask me before someone else does" Hermione said with tears in her eyes.

"I tried asking you!" Ron told her and Hermione scoffed, "as a last resort. I'm not a last resort or pity date, Ronald". Ron's face instantly got red. Diana walked up to the two but by then Hermione had hit him in the arm.

"What's going on?" Diana asked, as if she didn't just hear the entire conversation. "He was just leaving" Hermione muttered. Harry had just entered the school after being ditched outside by his date, who ended up leaving him for Cedric.

"Off to bed, both of you" Hermione said signaling to Harry as well. "What did I do?" Harry asked, Hermione glared at Harry. "Go, go, go" Harry said and dragged Ron up the stairs.

Hermione then burst into tears as she sat on the steps and kicked her high heels off. Diana sat down next to her friend and pulled her into a hug. Neither of them said anything. They just sat there for a few minutes.

"That was a quick wedding" Hermione said as she wiped away her tears. "We only got through the ceremony. The party got postponed" Diana said. "Why? What happened?" Hermione asked, "my mom collapsed right at the end of the wedding. She's not okay but my aunt wouldn't tell me what happened".

"Diana, that's awful. I'm sure she'll be okay" Hermione smiled. "Are you okay?" Diana asked. "Yeah" Hermione exhaled, "Ron's just- he's Ron" she said with a laugh that sounded forced. Let's go up to our dorm. We can watch Friends" Diana said and helped Hermione up.

"What's Friends?" Hermione asked.

"It's a tv show. My friends and I love it. There's only ten episodes out so far but it's very entertaining" Diana told her. "We don't have a tv in our dorm" Hermione reminded her, "but we have magic" Diana grinned.

Diana cast a spell to be able to watch Friends as if it were happening in real life. It was like a hologram. Lizzie had taught Diana the spell after they tried watching Full House over the summer without a tv.

The twoo Gryffindor made it through the first three episodes before Hermione fell asleep. Diana covered Hermione with a blanket and let her hair down so she wouldn't have a headache in the morning. She then stopped the projection and walked out of the dorm room slowly, making her way down to the common room.

She made it down stairs and saw Harry sitting by the fireplace. "How is she? Ron told me everything" Harry asked. Diana sat down next to him. "She's okay. Upset, obviously, but okay. I watched a few episodes of Friends with her until she fell asleep" Diana told him. "Friends?" Harry asked, not knowing the tv show.