𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

⚠︎︎TRIGGER WARNING: Nightmares, panic attack, memory of torture, emetophobia
Case stuff: mention of sexual assault and torture.⚠︎︎
☂︎︎ ☂︎︎ ☂︎︎ ☂︎︎ ☂︎︎

☂︎︎ ☂︎︎ ☂︎︎ ☂︎︎ ☂︎︎꧁𝒀/𝒏𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽

☂︎︎ ☂︎︎ ☂︎︎ ☂︎︎ ☂︎︎
꧁𝒀/𝒏𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽...꧂
𝚃𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟾
𝟻:𝟹𝟶𝚊𝚖
𝙲𝚘𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝙳𝙲 𝚅𝚒𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚊

My body jolted awake and eyes shot open. My heart beat hard and fast, my breathing irregular, short and shaky. Yep it had happened again, another nightmare for the 4th week in a row, a nightmare that stopped me from going back to sleep after.

I'm sure the team had noticed how tired I looked, I seemed to be working slower than usual. I felt like everyone kept asking me ok, maybe that was just me being more conscious of their attempts at small talk, or maybe they knew something was wrong. It wouldn't be surprising, their jobs are to study human behaviour.

My nightmares tended to be blurs once I woke up, I would remember some faces but most were just anonymous people, in a way not being able to remember my dreams drove me insane. If I could remember what they were about, maybe I could get to the bottom of why I was having them.

Like always, I was too awake to fall back to sleep, my mind was racing too fast and I was honestly too scared to fall back to sleep. Tiredly I got out of bed, got dressed and went for a run.

𝚃𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟾
𝟷𝟶:𝟸𝟻𝚊𝚖
𝙱.𝙰.𝚄, 𝙵𝙱𝙸 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜, 𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚘, 𝚅𝚒𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚊

"4 women have gone missing over the past 5 months in Connecticut, their bodies were found exactly a month later, clear signs of torture on them" JJ announced once the team had got settled down in the conference room.

"Sexual assault?" Prentiss asked looking over the case details.

"Yes" JJ responded solemnly

"Sexual sadist?" I questioned

"It seems that way" Rossi responded.

"The latest victim" JJ began, changing the pictures on the screen to a picture of a young blond woman.
"Clara Daniels, she was abducted on her way home just over 3 weeks ago"

"Why weren't we called in sooner?" Morgan asked furrowing his brow at the media liaison.

"Why do you think?" She answered.
"Police thought they could handle it, until they realised they can't"