𝕾𝖎𝖝

⚠︎︎TRIGGER WARNING: Panic attack, anxiety, alcohol abuse, bad language⚠︎︎
☔︎︎ ☔︎︎ ☔︎︎ ☔︎︎ ☔︎︎

☔︎︎ ☔︎︎ ☔︎︎ ☔︎︎ ☔︎︎꧁𝒀/𝒏𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽꧂𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟾𝟷𝟾:𝟸𝟻𝚙𝚖 𝙱

☔︎︎ ☔︎︎ ☔︎︎ ☔︎︎ ☔︎︎
꧁𝒀/𝒏𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽꧂
𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟾
𝟷𝟾:𝟸𝟻𝚙𝚖
𝙱.𝙰.𝚄, 𝙵𝙱𝙸 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜, 𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚘, 𝚅𝚒𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚊

"Fox my office. Now" Hotch called from his office, as everyone began packing up to go home. I rolled my eyes, took a deep breath and went to my bosses office.

"Yes sir"

"Sit" He ordered, I sat down and looked at him waiting for him to explain why he called me in right before I was going to go home and drink myself silly.
"How are you?"

"Fine" I responded, noticing Hotch's eyes wander to the pink mark on my cheek.
"It'll heal, I've been through worse"

"I know, it's exactly why I called you into my office. I understand this case wasn't easy for you" Hotch explained.

"It was fine. I'm fine" I replied

"After you returned from the coroners office, you stared down at the case file for the entire day. Even when we delivered the profile. Reid told us not to bother you, because he had concerns that this case was affecting you. So no you're not fine... Fox you're an extremely confident, assertive, most of the time put together agent... Something I know about you is that personality that you have, the attitude you have towards others, is your shield. It creates trust but keeps people out" Hotch stated

"That's the whole point" I pointed out.

"And it's a very effective shield. In all honesty I hoped that that shield would break down once on this team, and it hasn't"

"Hotch do you think I want to be this lone wolf?! Do you think I want to hear about how much fun everyone had together over the weekend, when I wasn't there?! I want to be a part of this team in every way, but I can't it's too risky!" I argued angrily.

"Fox you're the youngest lieutenant general there has ever been, what makes it more impressive, is that you're a woman. You never changed your first name, it's not that difficult for your family to put two and two together. I hate to offend you, but don't you think that if your parents wanted to find you they'd do it already?! Because if I'm being honest, I don't think they care enough anymore" Hotch lost his temper a little bit towards the end there, I stayed silent and swallowed the lump in my throat.

I know this sounds ridiculous, and maybe it's just the idea, that my parents might actually care, but hearing Hotch say that they don't want to find me, or in short that they don't love me anymore hurt much more than I thought it would. Hotch took a deep breath and relaxed, his eyes searched my face for a reaction.