𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

TRIGGER WARNING: Injury, Violence, guns, car chase, panic attacks, angst, the usual.

✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ꧁𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗꧂𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟼𝚝𝚑 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟶:𝟹𝟻𝚊𝚖𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

꧁𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗꧂
𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟼𝚝𝚑 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟶
𝟶𝟶:𝟹𝟻𝚊𝚖
𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

I threw my arm in front of Y/n to protect her as the car smashed into the large gates, knocking them down.

We didn't have much time to process the crash, because bullets were firing at us from all angles. I quickly drove over the fallen gates and raced onto the street.

It didn't take much time before I noticed we were being followed, at first, it was one black car, then it was two, and then three. I didn't even know where we were, but I had to wing it. 

I slammed my foot on the accelerator pedal and took a sharp turn down an alley. Luckily it was night and the streets were empty or this would be a lot harder.

I looked off into the distance and noticed the top of the Washington Monument, it was far but thanks to my eidetic memory and my 14-year-old self getting bored one night and studying a map of DC, I soon had an idea of where we were.

When I worked out our current location, I found it a lot easier to take certain routes to lose the cars following. However, my moment of hope soon diminished when the police started chasing us too!

Now we had 3 big BMWs filled with bad guys wanting to kill us, on our tails, and 2 police cars. Then 2 police cars turned to 3, and 3 turned to 4 and 4 turned to 5. Soon enough we had most of the DC police department chasing us.

"We need... We need to lose them" Y/n mumbled keeping her eyes on the wing mirror.

"What do you think I'm trying to do?!" I snapped.

"Turn left down this alley" Y/n ordered, I complied and quickly turned the car.
"Now turn right."

"What's the plan?" I asked Y/n.

"I don't have a plan, in these situations unpredictability is key. So do it," she responded.

Suddenly bullets began firing at our car thanks to the Mob, we sunk down in our seats to avoid headshots but the firing was relentless.

First, our back window smashed, then a bullet hit the overhead mirror, I kept turning the car to dodge the shots but they just kept on coming.

Two of the BMWs got on either side of our car and began firing at our windows. I tried to speed up more but they kept catching up with us.

'Unpredictability is key.'

Instead of accelerating more, I slammed my foot on the breaks, then took a risky U-turn, driving past the police cars and turning another corner.