The Cup of Helga Hufflepuff

A/N: To all of my spanish readers, @Hikari-O is making a spanish version of my book, so make sure to check it out! I'll put the link in the comments!

¡A todos mis lectores que prefieren leer en español @Hikari-O esta haciendo una version en español de mi libro, por si prefieren leerlo así! Voy a poner el enlace en mis comentarios.

···

I hope to see or hear back from you soon,

With regards,

Your Friend Harry

···

Harry wasn't expecting an instant reply to his letter. In fact, he was sure that the things he had asked for would take at the very least two weeks, maybe up to a month or two to acquire. Of course, he and Ragnok had kept in correspondence, working out all of the legalities and technicalities and any other '-lities' that needed to be worked out. Ragnok had also told him that the LeFay vaults had been accumulating masses of income between their hundreds of investments that the line had dabbled in over the centuries, which meant locating the other two things Harry had asked for much harder than need be.

All in all, it meant that Harry wasn't surprised when Hermes, Ragnok's owl, fluttered over to him during breakfast with a package finally attached to his talons along with the usual letter.

It was a Saturday in mid April and the now familiar black owl was streaking through the parliament of owls at incredible speed, not letting the large parcel weigh him down. The owl didn't let anything deter him as he made his way to his target at Slytherin table.

Harry, seeing the owl, picked up his plate and moved it closer to his chest, allowing Hermes a clear landing spot.

Thee owl made a perfect landing and stood pompously, as if proving that it was the best owl. Hedwig, who had just landed on Harry's shoulder, hooted teasingly before rubbing her beak affectionately into Harry's cheek. Harry fed them both a piece of bacon off his plate before taking the parcel and letter off of the black owl and letting it fly off.

#Thank you, Lord Harry.# Hermes hooted as he started flapping his wings. #Master Ragnok send his best regards and hopes that all the work was worth it.# The owl blinked at him twice before finally flapping and gliding away.

"What's that?" Draco asked curiously as he looked at the packages on Harry's spot.

"Nothing important, really. Just something I bought." Harry waved off.

Draco's eyes narrowed slightly but he didn't say anything, which unsettled the younger boy slightly. He was used to Draco's persistent and curious nature, and this definitely wasn't curious nor persistent.

Ever since the night with the Mirror, Draco had been acting differently. Not bad different or good different. Not even strange different. Just different. Whatever he had seen had shaken him, and Harry and Neville both had enough sense to not bring it up again.

"Does it have anything to do with whoever you've been constantly writing to for the past two and a half months?" Tracy asked. Harry cursed silently as he saw Draco's eyes narrow further and his fist clench tighter around his spoon.

"Sort of." Harry allowed through clenched teeth.

"But that seemed pretty important." Blaise argued. "Whatever you were writing about or whoever you were writing to seemed important. You would almost always put everything off to reply to whatever that owl sent. So whatever you just received must've been pretty important."

Harry gritted his teeth and cursed himself for not being more careful and forgetting how observing his friends were.

"I was trying to track down a magical object I had read about in a book of ancient artifacts and i have been in correspondence with the author of the book to try and locate the item. Last letter, they told me they had a lead, and apparently it was true, if this is anything to go by." Harry lied, pointing at the parcels.